Internet speed help

cotrell
Go to solution Solved by Nayjames123,

www.speedtest.net

check that out, if the speeds there are say at least 15Mb/s you ISP isnt being unfair, also take note that rated internet speeds from ISP's are usually in Mb/s so you probably have 30Mb/s speeds, however download rates shown in browsers when downloading etc will display in MB/s so if you Get 30Mb/s from your isp, and download a file the max DL rate would be about 4MB/s

ok, im paying for 30 MB/s from charter but when im downloading something i barely get close to 1MB/s can someone help me out here?

Are you using wireless? If so do you have a wifi adapter that can reach the maximum speed? On another note is the wifi adapter broken?

My brother kept getting 0.2 down until he bought a high gain wifi adapter and then he peaked at 62mb download.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

www.speedtest.net

check that out, if the speeds there are say at least 15Mb/s you ISP isnt being unfair, also take note that rated internet speeds from ISP's are usually in Mb/s so you probably have 30Mb/s speeds, however download rates shown in browsers when downloading etc will display in MB/s so if you Get 30Mb/s from your isp, and download a file the max DL rate would be about 4MB/s

sorry, i always forget to put as much info as possible. no, it is not wireless. im using a 'ubee' router but i am directly connected to it. i do have a few things runny off of wifi. but everything that would usually use it is turned off and no one has my password but me. when i upgraded to the 30MB/s chater came out and gave me a new router cause the old one couldnt handle that much. 

alright nayjames. you were right, its 30Mb/s i just got confused on the capital and lowercase b's. 

• 6 months later...

ok, im paying for 30 MB/s from charter but when im downloading something i barely get close to 1MB/s can someone help me out here?

A slow Internet connection could be caused by any number of reasons. It may be connection or traffic problem.

To increase your internet speed use the following tips given below:

1.clear your cookies from your browser

2.Delete unwanted files

3.PC Optimization:

It is important to clean your PC regularly. It means a normal maintenance tasks such as, cleaning the disks, registry repairs and Disk Derangement.

4.If you are using a DSL connection over your landline, make sure that you have high-quality filters in place to get optimum signal speed.

5.Upgrade your modem.

6. Use Updated browser.

7.Consult with your Internet service provider to ensure that your modem is configured correctly.

8.Replace your telephone modem with a fast-access connection such as wave, ISDN, DSL, satellite, a cable modem.

9.Tweak our router settings

10.Install Antivirus Software.

11.Reduce our bandwidth overhead

Still your internet speed is slow than Contact your ISP and get a latest speed plan from them. Its better way to increase your speed

After, completing this steps, you can check our internet speed from this site ScanMySpeed.com