should I get...

Go to solution Solved by theloveablemoose,

Hello I'm new and I have a question. I am making my first build soon and I'm not sure which motherboard to get. My budget for the motherboard is $100 and I want to get it in the AM3+ socket. which motherboard should I get the MSI 970 Gaming or the ASUS M5A97 R2.0. I know that each one has there pros and cons but I can't make up my mind. I want your honest non-biased opinion, or if you know something better please tell me. I will really appreciate it.  

Well i own the m5a97 r2.0 its quite nice the Bios is easy to use but honestly i'd go with the 970 gaming it looks a lot better for the same price namely the onboard audio.

Hello I'm new and I have a question. I am making my first build soon and I'm not sure which motherboard to get. My budget for the motherboard is $100 and I want to get it in the AM3+ socket. which motherboard should I get the MSI 970 Gaming or the ASUS M5A97 R2.0. I know that each one has there pros and cons but I can't make up my mind. I want your honest non-biased opinion, or if you know something better please tell me. I will really appreciate it.  

MSI 970 Gaming is a great MOBO, that's what I chose.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

You realize he has a budget of $100? Right?

I know that, i would rather get that instead, i never said anything about recommending getting that.  

Well i own the m5a97 r2.0 its quite nice the Bios is easy to use but honestly i'd go with the 970 gaming it looks a lot better for the same price namely the onboard audio.

Aren't they both using Realtek as their onboard-solution?

CPU: Core i7-4790K

GPU: 2x MSi GTX 970 GAMING G4       

MB:   ASUS Z97-AR 

Aren't they both using Realtek as their onboard-solution?

From what i saw on the MSI website they have put some work into the audio namely the components used for the audio solution.

MSI 970 Gaming is a great MOBO, that's what I chose.

Agreed, amazing value for all of what you get.

Have a bad day...

Thank you all for your opinions. I'll get the 970 gaming. On a side note the pro R2.0 is good but I don't think I really need the features. Thank you all for your help. :)