HTC One headset bug?

So I've been really enjoying my new HTC One after upgrading from a Galaxy S 4G. However, there seems to be an issue with mobile headsets where putting extra pressure on an inserted jack (down and/or to the side) will make the music player skip songs, call random people, or activate random voice activation features. So far only test with one headset that worked flawlessly on previous phone.

Because this is a rather minor annoyance for me, I'm mostly just wonder if this is a common occurrence with the HTC One?

I don't have an HTC One, but that used to happen with my iPhone 4...have you tried a different headset? It could have to do with the buttons/mic on the headset itself

On pretty much all HTC android phones, double tapping a headset button will re-dial the most recent number from the call log. On most other android phones, it will simply skip your currently playing song. I use an app from the Play store called "HeadsetButton Controller" with my HTC One XL which allows you to configure multiple functions for the headset button to sidestep this; one of the options specifically disables this HTC-specific function.

It irks me that I had to pay for third party software to get my phone to work the way I want it, but it does the job and it was only a dollar or so.

I'm not even pressing the button on the headset though. Even using  a 3.5mm TRRS to 3 RCA plugs, a slight movement in the wrong direction can make the phone do some really crazy things.

I was only asking to see if other One owners have experienced this.

Hmmm HTC One owner and I tried doing what you said and wasn't able to re-produce the result. So maybe it is a hardware issue?

you might want to check if you can have the phone fixed/replaced.

Hmmm HTC One owner and I tried doing what you said and wasn't able to re-produce the result. So maybe it is a hardware issue?

you might want to check if you can have the phone fixed/replaced.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try getting in contact with HTC.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't experienced this at all with my HTC One.