1440p Monitors

pontius

I am looking at getting a 1440p monitor and wanted to see what you guys thought was the best value. I know there are some people that say the Korean monitors on ebay are a great buy but I am still a little hesitant. 

There are lots to chose from but I think they all pretty much use the LG IPS panel with 60 hz except some of the korean or other knock-off type brands which might have bad quality control.  There is a review on Tom's Hardware for one geared towards gamers that can do 120hz (IPS panel), looks promising.  I forget the exact name but it had the word "Overlord" in it.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

i just setup my shimian 27" ,  its huge and great  picture lol

2560X1440 60 Hz , older one tho only has dvi-dl  input

got it cheaper then eBay from local seller needed the cash for uni

stick with the asus PB278.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I have looked at the Asus PB278 before. That is the one i was considering.

The korean monitors are great if your lucky as there are  some that are doa and you cant return them. Watch tek syndicates video on korean ips 1440p monitors he explains it very well

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I read somewhere that most of those Korean monitors share the same panel/screen from ASUS, LG, Apple, etc that did not pass the quality test.

It doesn't mean you'll be getting something that will die within months, it's just a monitor that will have a couple of dead pixels or stuff like that.

If money is a concern and you want the best bang for your buck, trying those monitor is definitely not a bad idea. Not sure how warranty and RMA goes though, if needed.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon