are benq ips moniters the best moniters for the eye

ajlouni

so we all know that benq have some technolgys like flicker-free and eye care that makes your eyes more comfortable the question is it that much better then a normal ips ?

if i helped you and im right give me best answer ok  ;)

Flicker free is just the backlight, yes it's better for your eyes than one that uses PWM and flickers when dimmed, but apart from that it changes nothing about the panel itself.

I have a Samsung IPS and I really don't have any discomfort whatsoever. If you have the choice though I would straight up go BenQ.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

It does seem to help me, from an anecdotal point of view. I have less eye strain on my BenQ than on my secondary display.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Nope. Seriously it's not gonna make a difference, if you have eye strain there are plenty of programmes you can download that make your

Monitor easier to look at.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I think it's mostly marketing. Although there must be some truth behind it.

So we all know that benq have some technologies like flicker-free and eye care that makes your eyes more comfortable. The question is, is it that much better then a normal ips ?

I've been sorta wondering the same think. I've been thinking about going with 2 of these (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28308&zenid=445559d52defd5260dd094f2cc51eaed) for my planned build this year.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I've been sorta wondering the same think. I've been thinking about going with 2 of these (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28308&zenid=445559d52defd5260dd094f2cc51eaed) for my planned build this year.

its a great moniter with 4 ms (gray to gray) and a 16:9 1440p screen and the 1.07 billion colors it shits on TN Panels 

Definitely go for this. I have one, and I'm looking to replace my 1200p 24inch with a second one.

its a great moniter with 4 ms (gray to gray) and a 16:9 1440p screen and the 1.07 billion colors it shits on TN Panels 

Unless you're actually having a problem with eye strain I'd suggest you don't worry about flicker free backlight. I know for a fact that I've never experienced eye strain and I spend most of my time staring into a non flicker free monitor. Also gray-to-gray time is a completely arbitrary value with no measuring standard behind it so I'd suggest you stay away from that as an argument about why one monitor is better than the other.

Unless you're actually having a problem with eye strain I'd suggest you don't worry about flicker free backlight. I know for a fact that I've never experienced eye strain and I spend most of my time staring into a non flicker free monitor. Also gray-to-gray time is a completely arbitrary value with no measuring standard behind it so I'd suggest you stay away from that as an argument about why one monitor is better than the other.

yah but its a vary great moniter even for gaming and it doesn't have to be more then 60hz because you will hardly push 60+ at that resolution 

its a great moniter with 4 ms (gray to gray) and a 16:9 1440p screen and the 1.07 billion colours it craps on TN Panels.

Yeah, it's definitely tempting to say the least. ShadowCaptain said say that BenQ monitors are pretty damn good. But for awhile I'd been deciding back and forth between the ASUS PB278Q and the ASUS PB248Q. My most recent thought as turned to getting 2x ASUS PB238Q monitors because my logic was as follows:

• I could get the ASUS PB278Q or even the ASUS PB298Q for $600 AUD, however, I'd get better value for that $600 if I got two PB238Q monitors instead.

This thought has been stuck in my head for quite a long while because it is kinda logical. But at the same time they would be using 6bit IPS panels with AFRC. So, being the video editor that I am, I have been looking at true 8bit monitors or higher. A few times I've thought about going with two VA panel monitors because all VA monitors, AFAIK, are true 8bit and not the 6bit + AFRC that you see in IPS monitors of similar price.

I think I think too much :D.

I do wanna say though that the reason I had been (not now) thinking about going with a pair of VA monitors was because 2 times I have not had very good luck with IPS monitors that I've bought in the past. I's just like "You know what, I'll just go with VA monitors from now on because at least, from what I've seen, they're not gonna have the problems I've encounter with the IPS monitors that I've bought in the past."

Definitely go for this. I have one, and I'm looking to replace my 1200p 24inch with a second one.

Really? How've you been finding it? Have you calibrated it, if so, how is it's colour accuracy?

I'd be quite grateful if you could do a review on it for me (no pressure) because I haven't been able to find reviews for it anywhere. It's been quite frustrating really.

I do have a problem with eyestrain, so two of those BenQ IPS monitors would help with that.

Really? How've you been finding it? Have you calibrated it, if so, how is it's colour accuracy?

I'd be quite grateful if you could do a review on it for me (no pressure) because I haven't been able to find reviews for it anywhere. It's been quite frustrating really.

Haven't got access to a calibrator, so I can't do that. Best I can do is calibrate it by eye compared with my PA248Q.

Out of the box I felt like it needed a bit of work, but as I have a pre-calibrated monitor right next to it, I found it to not be too arduous of a task. Even despite this, the fact that I'm looking to go back for another speaks volumes about it's quality. I know you're interested in the PB278Q, but quite honestly I don't think it's worth the extra hundred dollars PCCG is asking for it. 

EDIT: Eyestrain: There is a marked difference in my two monitors in this department, with the BenQ coming out on top. It has the flicker-free thing, which in itself reduces eyestrain significantly, but on top of that it also has the low blue light mode, which initiates a f.lux or gunnar glasses type effect to further reduce eyestrain. I put my GW2765 onto the "multimedia - 30%" mode at night, which I feel is the best compromise between colours and eyestrain reduction.

Haven't got access to a calibrator, so I can't do that. Best I can do is calibrate it by eye compared with my PA248Q.

Well, okay, I too don't have a hardware calibrator but I do plan on buying one eventually cause I'm fussy about colour accuracy. What I have been using in the meantime, until I can buy that, is a very good software calibrator called QuockGamma (http://www.quickgamma.de/indexen.html). I'll have to send you the thing I use it with. You'll see why. It does a decent job.

Out of the box I felt like it needed a bit of work, but as I have a pre-calibrated monitor right next to it, I found it to not be too arduous of a task. Even despite this, the fact that I'm looking to go back for another speaks volumes about it's quality.

Hmm okay. Well it certainly seems like a good display to go with. You've definitely given me food for thought. :)

I know you're interested in the PB278Q, but quite honestly I don't think it's worth the extra hundred dollars PCCG is asking for it.

It's actually, considering Australian prices, pretty good. But the BenQ does offer a lot more less. Tis kind of a no-brainer. ;)

EDIT: Eyestrain: There is a marked difference in my two monitors in this department, with the BenQ coming out on top. It has the flicker-free thing, which in itself reduces eyestrain significantly, but on top of that it also has the low blue light mode, which initiates a f.lux or gunnar glasses type effect to further reduce eyestrain. I put my GW2765 onto the "multimedia - 30%" mode at night, which I feel is the best compromise between colours and eyestrain reduction.

Dang it! That's really influencing my decision right now. I have seen the OSD and I feel it's got one of the most best and logical layouts I've ever seen in a monitor's OSD. Here's the overall cost though if I went with two of those (because I prefer working with two monitors the same monitors, just personal preference).

My build will cost me, without any displays, about: $1,840 (this is a highly researched build with suggestions from this forum implemented + my own personal choice on what I really wanted)

With 2x ASUS PB238Q: $2,440 AUD

With 2x BenQ GW2765HT: $2,840 AUD

Difference: $400 AUD

I could stretch the budget for the BenQ monitors if I really wanted to.

There is one concern I have though. Some people complain about text being too small to read on 27" 2K monitors, what would you have to say about this?

There is one concern I have though. Some people complain about text being too small to read on 27" 2K monitors, what would you have to say about this?

I got rid of my 4k monitor (the samsumg one, it's too late for me to remember the numbers and I don't have my glasses handy to easily google it) for this reason. I had it set to 1440p, and felt like that was a much better option. Text looks about the same size on my 1440p monitor as it does on my 24 inch 1200p one.

I got rid of my 4k monitor (the samsumg one, it's too late for me to remember the numbers and I don't have my glasses handy to easily google it) for this reason.

I see. Well I personally think that 4K monitors are just all hype ATM. It's kind of like if someone talks about them long enough, like lemmings, everyone's gonna go rush out and buy one. I would never opt for a 4K monitor. Just not my cup of tea at all.

I

Text looks about the same size on my 1440p monitor as it does on my 24 inch 1200p one.

Hmm, well that's good. So that extra 3 inches makes all the difference for you? I have a 23" monitor as my main display at the moment and so it sounds like, from what you're indicating, that that extra 4 inches will/should make all the difference for me. It kinda sounds like I have nothing to worry about at all with a 27" 1440p display, this is certainly a great thing. :)

I see. Well I personally think that 4K monitors are just all hype ATM. It's kind of like if someone talks about them long enough, like lemmings, everyone's gonna go rush out and buy one. I would never opt for a 4K monitor. Just not my cup of tea at all.

Hmm, well that's good. So that extra 3 inches makes all the difference for you? I have a 23" monitor as my main display at the moment and so it sounds like, from what you're indicating, that that extra 4 inches will/should make all the difference for me. It kinda sounds like I have nothing to worry about at all with a 27" 1440p display, this is certainly a great thing. :)

don't worry just get the benqs  its not like you are buying a new moniter every day so get the best that you can ;)

don't worry just get the benqs  its not like you are buying a new moniter every day so get the best that you can ;)

You have a point there young grasshopper. ;):D

You have a point there young grasshopper. ;):D

and you are not bad your self  :P  :P

and you are not bad yourself :P:P

Awesome! :D