Hey guys, I am trying to decide what GPU and CPU to upgrade to, as I want to get parts for christmas and once I get a job. I mostly do gaming and hope to record youtube video commentary but need parts sufficient for the job. If you have any suggestions of parts as an upgrade to my already built system, please post below. For ease of buying the parts, i buy from http://www.skycomp.com.au/ as I live in NSW, AU. If you know of any computer parts stores closer, please also post them below. Below is my current Computer specs. I have a budget of $500 or less for both parts, as my build is $500 and think that $1000 would be a sweet spot for what i need.

• Power Case 550W Power supply
  • ASRock h71M-DGS Micro ATX Board 1 PCIE 1.0 x16 1 PCI 2.0 x1
  • Galaxy Geforce GT 630
  • Intel Pentium G2030 Processor
  • 4gb apotop 1600mhz ram
  • PHPC Standard Micro ATX Mini tower

Thanks for all suggestions, please no trolls. 

Welcome to the forum :)

What is your upgrade budget? 

(Also remember to follow your topics for instant notifications when someone replies) 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Thanks for the quick reply. I probably have a budget of $500 or less for both parts, as my build is $500 and think that $1000 would be a sweet spot for what i need.

Thanks for the quick reply. I probably have a budget of $500 or less for both parts, as my build is $500 and think that $1000 would be a sweet spot for what i need.

Sorry for late reply, remember to quote people's posts when you answer them so they know you answered :)

Give me a minute or 2 to see what you could do. 

Edit: You sure this is a good webstore? They don't have much choice in CPU's

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Sorry for late reply, remember to quote people's posts when you answer them so they know you answered :)

Give me a minute or 2 to see what you could do. 

Edit: You sure this is a good webstore? They don't have much choice in CPU's

Sorry, didnt know you could do this. And I have no idea, I bought parts from it before, by the way my computer supports LGS1155 processors. Thanks

Just as a contribution to the store dilema. I live in VIC, Au and i buy from pccasegear.com , try them they have been good with me.

Have a look at this GPU:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1560&products_id=25325&zenid=ca0d68327072ad6915ddfd704e428b64

It will do everything you need (it is great for the price as well).

The CPU might be an issue because LGA 1155 is a bit outdated and seeing as part are very expensive here it will be a problem, you might have to look for a new motherboard and a lower end CPU and save up for a while for a new one or just look for an i3 (or i5 if you have the money) on 1155.

Hope i could help.

Sorry, didnt know you could do this. And I have no idea, I bought parts from it before, by the way my computer supports LGS1155 processors. Thanks

This is kinda hard actually, I can't find any good webstores with better processors. I guess you'd have to go for the 3330.

Sorry it took so long, was having trouble finding a good GPU, damn AUS prices are expeeeeeensive :(

CPU: http://www.skycomp.com.au/intelcpui5-3330-3-0ghz-6mcache-lga1155bx80637i53330.html

GPU: http://www.skycomp.com.au/gigabyter927xoc-2gdamdr9270xoc-pci-e3-0-2gb256-bitgddr5-1050-boost1100-5600mhz-dvi.html

I think this'll be the best you can get for those prices :P 

Thanks for the replys. I'll check them out now

If you get a bit bigger budget, grab another stick of memory (the EXACT same or buy a new set). If you want to be a commentator you will need the extra RAM anyway.

If you get a bit bigger budget, grab another stick of memory (the EXACT same or buy a new set). If you want to be a commentator you will need the extra RAM anyway.

Yeah I guess your right,thanks for the extra suggestion.

GTX 660 or ATI 7850??

around same price

any suggestions?

Yeah I was looking at the GTX 660 before when I was first building my PC. It was out of my price range before, but I now have a larger one so I'm considering it.

@camiewwatman i have an i5-3450 and it is great for the price, and it fits in the 1155 socket that you have (also check i5-3470). The problem is I don't know if you can find it anymore in the shops near you because they are a bit outdated. :)

@Hensonbunch gtx 660 is my suggestion but they are both good cards :)

You affect the world by what you browse - Tim Berners-Lee

That Powercase psu is junk (Going off the price). I would suggest a better psu if you are sticking new hardware in there.

That Powercase psu is junk (Going off the price). I would suggest a better psu if you are sticking new hardware in there.

Thanks for the suggestion.

@camiewwatman i have an i5-3450 and it is great for the price, and it fits in the 1155 socket that you have (also check i5-3470). The problem is I don't know if you can find it anymore in the shops near you because they are a bit outdated. :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking the same.

cheers for the help leaning towards GTX 660 atm aswell

cheers for the help leaning towards GTX 660 atm aswell

Glad we could all help each other in making the lag or non-lag decision of graphics card. :)

Glad we could all help each other in making the lag or non-lag decision of graphics card. :)

Indeed!! Good luck with your build man!