Folding Hardware Deals

If anyone see a good/great deal on some gear specifically for Folding, usually GPU and CPU or someone decides they want to offload a 4P system cheap :), post it here. This is NOT a post though for selling your used gear. Please wait till a specific forum is made for members to sell used gear, if it ever is.

Deals can be for stores in the US, Canada, UK, etc. as we have a members from everywhere. Ebay would probably be fine as well I think....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

What would be an example of folding hardware? I figured anything that can game could also fold, right?

La`~

You are correct... The trick is to find those extra sweet deals. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

been looking on cragslist so far i got two 8800gts and am tryng to get a ultra x3 1000w power supply but this guy is taking his time.

Nice... I also been looking on kijiji - bit of a pain with some of these folks :)

Guess I could mention about EVGA b-stock section on there web site.

http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=8

As long as you dont mind paying for outdated hardware and only having a 1 year warranty, you can get some good deals if you need something in a pinch. Although Items come and go so if you see something you want, you might want to get it quick!

*they did have the GTX 480 and 580 a few weeks ago but they've disappeared from stock.*

I currently got the X58 SLI3 in the mail to complement a core i7 920 i got from a friend. It should be "arriving" today as long as the snow that's coming (living in the panhandle of WV) doesn't stop it first. lol

I will have to keep an eye on that....

As long as you dont mind paying for outdated hardware and only having a 1 year warranty, you can get some good deals if you need something in a pinch. Although Items come and go so if you see something you want, you might want to get it quick!

*they did have the GTX 480 and 580 a few weeks ago but they've disappeared from stock.*

I currently got the X58 SLI3 in the mail to complement a core i7 920 i got from a friend. It should be "arriving" today as long as the snow that's coming (living in the panhandle of WV) doesn't stop it first. lol

Great find. Thanks for this.

La`~

No problem. :)

there is a gtx 680 classified for $300 on cragslist close to me. I just dont have the cash now.:(

That is a pretty good deal, if you need a new card for gaming etc., and for folding... when I am looking to get cards just for my folding machines, I am looking at deals that are at least half off the current value. Which is why I am normally getting a generation or two older. People still want to much money, even though used, for the newer stuff...

right i need a couple computers as it is now i have two cards sitting here doing nothing. the only reason i would get that now is for gaming i am still using a gts 250 as my main gaming pc with a q6600 processor its time for upgrades haha