powerline/switch network problem?

CyberJesus88

hello peps, i seem to be having a problem with my newly aquired network setup. after being fed up with wireless i decided to run a powerline kit from downstairs where the router is to upstairs in my room, also adding a 5 port switch to allow for multiple connections. something seems to have gone wrong because im not getting a connection to any of the computers in my room, they are all showing "unidentified network". the only thing that stands out as being a problem is that the input connection from the powerline to my switch has the led indicator as an orange light, with all of the other connections being green (i have tried changing the input to every port with the same result). when i have tried plugging my main computer into the powerline kit directly (bypassing the switch) it has worked flawlessly. what have i done wrong?

to clarify, the network configuration is shown below:

downstairs = internet -> modem/router -> powerline 

upstairs = powerline -> switch -> all computers in the room
(cabling from the router to powerline and from the powerline to the switch is CAT5)(cabling from the switch to all computers is CAT6)

thanks in advance.

I'm not someone who is knowledgeable in networking, however I applaud you for actually providing information about the issues,. showing that you've tried to fix it yourself, and providing information to help someone help you troubleshoot the issue.

thanking in advance is just a cherry on top.

most posts on the forum lately have been like "my internet isn't working help now"

sorry for the rant.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I'm not someone who is knowledgeable in networking, however I applaud you for actually providing information about the issues,. showing that you've tried to fix it yourself, and providing information to help someone help you troubleshoot the issue.

thanking in advance is just a cherry on top.

most posts on the forum lately have been like "my internet isn't working help now"

sorry for the rant.

thanks mate. if you know anyone that might be able to help please pass them on.

Have you tried bypassing the powerline and go modem/router > switch > computer?

Have you tried bypassing the powerline and go modem/router > switch > computer?

yes, it also worked although my parents do not want a 30m ethernet cable running through their house perminetly.