Win 3.1 on VMware

sleezeep

Hey guys, i have the nostalgia bug and wanted to install Win 3.1 in VMware. Everything installed fine but i cant get it to start, DOS boots fine and i type in win, and then i get stuck at the 3.1 splash screen and cant get any further. Does anyone have any experience with this, or have any ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

My Timewaster: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz 1.19v, Asus P8Z77-V, Noctua NH-D14, Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, 16 GB Corsair Vengance, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, HAF 912, Logitech G710+, G700

I've only gone back as far as Win98se with VMware. Sounds like an interesting project, you should search the VMware site, I'm sure someone has done it.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

i succesfully ran 3.1 in virtualbox, you could try that. i think i used dos 7.something

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Well i did look into it more, i think there is some sort of issue with running 3.1 on VMware. I did get it to work in virtualbox using dos 6.22. Pretty fun reminding yourself of how it used to be not so long ago. I am interested to try it in Microsoft's Virtual PC as well. As far as i can tell something is just screwed up with the autoexec.bat on my VMware version for some reason, although i don't know enough on how to fix it. Its definitely a pretty fun little project though, definitely recommend trying it! Also thank you for the help!

My Timewaster: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz 1.19v, Asus P8Z77-V, Noctua NH-D14, Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, 16 GB Corsair Vengance, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, HAF 912, Logitech G710+, G700