750 ti upgrade?

FlyboyHD

Hello, i am looking to upgrade up GPU this coming fall so i can play some of the new games coming out on steam! those games include Call of duty Advanced warfare

( yes i like call of duty ok ), Grand theft auto V, and i would like to run watch dogs better and also cod ghosts. i was wondering if i would have any problems with upgrading at all like will my CPU bottle neck my card etc. so here are my system specs! thank you for your help in advance!

CPU: AMD A8-5500 quadcore @ 3.20 GHz

GPU: AMD R7-250 1GB GDDR5

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance

PSU: 300W

Thank you!   

Hello, i am looking to upgrade up GPU this coming fall so i can play some of the new games coming out on steam! those games include Call of duty Advanced warfare

( yes i like call of duty ok ), Grand theft auto V, and i would like to run watch dogs better and also cod ghosts. i was wondering if i would have any problems with upgrading at all like will my CPU bottle neck my card etc. so here are my system specs! thank you for your help in advance!

CPU: AMD A8-5500 quadcore @ 3.20 GHz

GPU: AMD R7-250 1GB GDDR5

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance

PSU: 300W

Thank you!   

Talk about an unbalanced build. 

get an R9 270 or better. 

You'll also need to get a new psu for anything better than a 750Ti (CX430 would work).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The cpu might need a small overclock but whats your budget also you will need a better psu no doubt

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What were you thinking with 16 GB or RAM! xD The 750 ti would be a good choice because you have such a small power supply.

What were you thinking with 16 GB or RAM! xD The 750 ti would be a good choice because you have such a small power supply.

But the 750ti wont play GTA V anything considered enjoyable at leased.

hahaha my dad said go big or go home when we were at bestbuy hahaha xD

The cpu might need a small overclock but whats your budget also you will need a better psu no doubt

ummm i have a tiny budget i want something better than my card and i want to waste as little money as possible and have the biggest bang for the buck! also what are some amd cards as well? 

i have a 500w psu but i have a hp pavllion p7 1414 and that is what i have been upgrading since i got it ( it was only 500 at the time and i dident know about custom built pcs dont judge im 15 ) but for some reason when i plug in that psu to the motherboard it messes up something with the boot sector of my drive! idk if you guys know what im talking about anyways 

i have a 500w psu but i have a hp pavllion p7 1414 and that is what i have been upgrading since i got it ( it was only 500 at the time and i dident know about custom built pcs dont judge im 15 ) but for some reason when i plug in that psu to the motherboard it messes up something with the boot sector of my drive! idk if you guys know what im talking about anyways 

the psu has nothing to do with the drive

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

270, also upgrade your psu

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Sure it will! :)

In your dreams. Have fun with 13fps.

In your dreams. Have fun with 13fps.

Yeah it will, the 750 ti isnt bad, it will run it no medium just fine. :P

Yeah it will, the 750 ti isnt bad, it will run it no medium just fine. :P

For a game that's not even out you have high hopes and dreams LOL. GTA V is propbly going to bring the best GPUs to their nees let alone a low power one that is not even backed by Mantle whick GTA V will leverage.

First get a better PSU then get a 760 or AMD equivalent.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

For a game that's not even out you have high hopes and dreams LOL. GTA V is propbly going to bring the best GPUs to their nees let alone a low power one that is not even backed by Mantle whick GTA V will leverage.

I don't think GTA 5 is going to be a computer killer. :P

I don't think GTA 5 is going to be a computer killer. :P

Juging by history it would dictate that it will be. Juging by how complex and detailed the graphics look it will be extreamly hard on PC hardware.

Juging by history it would dictate that it will be. Juging by how complex and detailed the graphics look it will be extreamly hard on PC hardware.

Theres a chance they'll actually optimize it for pc this time around...

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Theres a chance they'll actually optimize it for pc this time around...

They are talking about how they added in PC only graphical featers and optimizations but come on it's Rockstar we are talking about here LOL .

750 ti would be a very good choice. you can get either the single cooler versions from someone like EVGA is you dont have a large enough psu or a full sized card and overclock it hard.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I´ve got a GTX 750Ti in my HTPC and the card runs most games in 1080 med settings with acceptable FPS between 40-70.

Depending on what game you will be you can actually see more FPS, unless you run into a CPU based game... then the card won´t help you much with your weak CPU.

The card is good so far and I decided to get this because of the low power and noise level since I use it im my living room. The card would compliment your system, I have in idle (measured by a Watts-meter) 65Watts and under load 127Watts total of power consumption out of the wall.

System Specs of my HTPC:

Asus H81 mATX

Intel i5 4430 @ 3GHz

2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 C8

EVGA GTX750 Ti ACX (requires one 6 pin power connector)

Sandisk Pro 128GB SSD

Corsair CX430

So you see nothing special and the power consumption of this card is very low and still you´ll get a good card for your money.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling