Mail in rebates?

TheEpicMap

I kind of know what what they are but no idea how they work.

I see them all the time on ncix and i would love to know how to use them.

If you guys know how/know of any tutorials that would be great.

PS: i have searched online and i have not found anything helpful.

I'll tell you one thing about mail in rebates, takes so long to get the rebate from the mail. Takes around 6 to 8 weeks.

Edit: @Tea1337 said the steps to do mail in rebates

Mail in rebates are usually self explanitory. Usually for the item you buy, you click on a given link to print off the rebate form, with a valid proof of purchase of course, you can mail in that form you would fill out, and you would be rewarded with something like a $15 gift card that works for pretty much every store, depending. 

You print out the form, you cut out the proof of purchase label from the box, tape it onto the form (the form also includes your documentation), throw it in the mail and receive the small amount of money after a long wait.

Rebates are rewards for non-lazy people.

depending on where you buy depends on how much of a nightmare they are

newegg/tigerdirect/amazon are all pretty painless

after you buy the items, on your order invoice there will be a link under each item that says REBATE, or something like that

You click on that link and then you "register" for the rebate. Sometimes the info will prepopulate for you, most often it won't. So you enter your details order number and place/date of purchase. After you do this, you will be given a set of instructions on what to include in your envelope to be mailed back to the mfg. 9/10x it will be a copy of the receipt and the UPC from the item in question.

So you get your parts in the mail, cut off the UPC, print off your receipt, next photocopy or take a dated picture of the items going into your envelope. The effort it takes to do this far less than if the mfg says your rebate isn't eligible because you missed the date cutoff. Next stuff it all in an envelope, put on the stamp, and mail it off to wherever it needs to go.

As soon as hell freezes over, you'll receive a pre-paid visa/mastercard/amex credit-card.

Rebates are so stupid. Why don't people just get a, lets say 10% off when they purchase it?? (That's how it works here..)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

because most people forget to do them

Them sales tricks.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black