URGENT, HELP PLEASE windows 8 boot problems

MaZah

hi guys, i really need your help, and i need it quick please. So I was just browsing the web and working on some homework for my computer (running windows 8) when i got i guess windows 8's version of BSOD and the error was

[h=3]KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED[/h]

so i googled it real quick and it said it might be a driver problem, and to use the verifier app, so i booted my pc up, and it went into windows fine, i ran the verifier, and it told me to restart, so i did. It loaded fine up until the windows loading screen: there was the blue windows logo and spinning dot circle, but after that when its supposed to go to the log in scree, there is nothing but a black screen. I let it sit for a couple minutes, then tried restarting it, same problem, I kept turning it off, and cutting off the power and restarting a couple more times, and now i just have it sitting with the black screen. It must be a windows problem, but I cant get into windows to fix it. Please help me, it would suck to lose all my data by having to reinstall......unless theres a way to reinstall without losing it...

UPDATE: I am currently running the automatic system restore that I had no idea even existed with windows 8... so it is very possible that this thread is completely useless in every way, in case someone has the same problem and some how comes across this post in the future, i just mashed SHIFT-F8 all throughout the boot process to get into the system repair thing, you'll know you were successful in your mashing of shift-F8 when it says preparing automatic system repair or something under the windows logo. From there, for me at least, it said that windows could not boot properly and gave me the only option of restoring from previous point. so yeah basically I'm a noob -_-

hi guys' date=' i really need your help, and i need it quick please. So I was just browsing the web and working on some homework for my computer (running windows 8) when i got i guess windows 8's version of BSOD and the error was [h=3']KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED[/h] so i googled it real quick and it said it might be a driver problem, and to use the verifier app, so i booted my pc up, and it went into windows fine, i ran the verifier, and it told me to restart, so i did. It loaded fine up until the windows loading screen: there was the blue windows logo and spinning dot circle, but after that when its supposed to go to the log in scree, there is nothing but a black screen. I let it sit for a couple minutes, then tried restarting it, same problem, I kept turning it off, and cutting off the power and restarting a couple more times, and now i just have it sitting with the black screen. It must be a windows problem, but I cant get into windows to fix it. Please help me, it would suck to lose all my data by having to reinstall......unless theres a way to reinstall without losing it...

I haven't yet used Windows 8 nor have I encountered this problem before, however in regards to your question about re-installing and loosing your data I can help. If you have a spare hard drive make that into your boot drive for the time being. Make sure in your BIOS you've changed your boot order and completely removed the original disk from the boot preference. It should go optical drive, spare HD, then whatever else you have.

Then, once you've installed onto your spare drive, plug the original drive into a SATA port and boot the system. Once you've booted, you should see the original drive under "My Computer" or whatever it is for Win8 - simply copy across anything you needed. If you then want to go back to your original disk for your boot drive, wipe it and reformat it to NTFS and then shutdown and boot into bios. Change your boot order again, this time to optical drive followed by your original boot drive. Install Windows onto your original drive. The like before, add the other drive and copy back your files.

If you don't have a spare HD, external HD's can also be used, for example I have one that I can open up and inside is a standard 3.5" ATA drive that has a SATA + Power to USB adaptor card on it. Just unplug the adaptor card and you have a drive..

Hopefully you don't have to resort to all this as It can take some time. :)

Yes, you can do that but it's time consuming. If previous boot drive isn't partitioned the you need a spare hdd or external drive (best option) where to backup important data. Then just use a bootable cd or flash drive (mostly for this purpose is used Linux) to copy all important data from windows drive to the backup drive / other partition.

Passionate indie android developer

Yes, you can do that but it's time consuming. If previous boot drive isn't partitioned the you need a spare hdd or external drive (best option) where to backup important data. Then just use a bootable cd or flash drive (mostly for this purpose is used Linux) to copy all important data from windows drive to the backup drive / other partition.

yeah i didnt back up anything, and now ive lost pretty much everything (like 150gb of games or so) which honestly I'm not too upset about, but im worried because I think that all the data is still on the hard drive taking up space, but not recognized in windows. Is there any way to recover everything fairly easily? or is there any way to completely wipe the hard drive and just re-install windows?

cheers