New build, need feedback.

Admire

1. Budget & Location

Im in denmark, and mostly use www.proshop.dk

Will be doing it in two stages.

Part one: CPU, MB, RAM, PSU, One smaller SSD as a system drive, HDD, Case. - 1300 dollars - Will be ordered in a few days after your feedback.

Part two: GPU(Will be the 880 unless it gets wildly delayed) , Extra HDD,New Keyboard&Mouse. - What it costs - Will be ordered in 1-3 months depending on Nvidia release dates.

2. Aim
Gaming, browning....I do a little photoshop, and a tiny bit of audio and video work. but not much. And im used to a far slower system.

I want to game a lot of different games and want have something to build on in the future. The point is to do minor upgrades to make it last longer than the last one could in terms of playing games at good level.

Will do SLI at some point, and will buy more SSD and HDD space too in the next round.

3. Monitors
One 1080p monitor, will get a 1440p at some point.

4. Peripherals
Keyboard&Mouse will be upgraded later.
5. Why are you upgrading?
I need a entirely new build.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Devils Canyon - Box = 2.239,00 kr. / 398,44 USD
PSU: XFX ProSeries XXX Edition - 750W PSU or Seasonic M12II EVO Bronze - 750W PSU. - Priced similarly                    =768,00 kr / 136,67 USD
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G43 GAMING        =876,00 kr. / 155,89 USD
RAM: Crucial Ballistix SP DDR3-1600 DC - 16GB = 1.029,00 kr / 183,12USD
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO SSD - 120GB        =549,00 kr / 97,70 USD
Case: Corsair Graphite 760T - White         =1.249,00 / 222,27 USD
Western Digital WD Blue - 1TB             =419,00 kr / 74,56 USD

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

That looks alright, although, just to make sure you know this, you won't be able to play most video games with integrated graphics.

Roses are red, violets are blue, computers are awesome, and so are you!

That looks alright, although, just to make sure you know this, you won't be able to play most video games with integrated graphics.

ohh, im aware....:P But I can wait a few more months for the gaming part. . I just need to at least be able to keep posting here;-)

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

The biggest problem I have is motherboard. can't decide whether to spent more...

Hey there,

It a really nice build you're planning! :) 

I think that the recent hard drives you chose are a pretty good combination - a SSD to run your OS from and WD Blue for everyday computing would do a perfect job.

I would recommend, if you intend to use your second HDD only as a secondary storage unit, to take a look at WD Green - it's quieter and cooler operating as well as reduced power consuming drive. Here's a link you can check out:

Cheers!

If this post helped you, please like and choose it as a best answer.   :)
http://www.wdc.com/en/

Hey there,
It a really nice build you're planning! :)
I think that the recent hard drives you chose are a pretty good combination - a SSD to run your OS from and WD Blue for everyday computing would do a perfect job.
I would recommend, if you intend to use your second HDD only as a secondary storage unit, to take a look at WD Green - it's quieter and cooler operating as well as reduced power consuming drive. Here's a link you can check out:
Cheers!

AD

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

1. Budget & Location

Im in denmark, and mostly use www.proshop.dk

Will be doing it in two stages.

Part one: CPU, MB, RAM, PSU, One smaller SSD as a system drive, HDD, Case. - 1300 dollars - Will be ordered in a few days after your feedback.

Part two: GPU(Will be the 880 unless it gets wildly delayed) , Extra HDD,New Keyboard&Mouse. - What it costs - Will be ordered in 1-3 months depending on Nvidia release dates.

2. Aim

Gaming, browning....I do a little photoshop, and a tiny bit of audio and video work. but not much. And im used to a far slower system.

I want to game a lot of different games and want have something to build on in the future. The point is to do minor upgrades to make it last longer than the last one could in terms of playing games at good level.

Will do SLI at some point, and will buy more SSD and HDD space too in the next round.

3. Monitors

One 1080p monitor, will get a 1440p at some point.

4. Peripherals

Keyboard&Mouse will be upgraded later.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I need a entirely new build.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Devils Canyon - Box = 2.239,00 kr. / 398,44 USD

PSU: XFX ProSeries XXX Edition - 750W PSU or Seasonic M12II EVO Bronze - 750W PSU. - Priced similarly                    =768,00 kr / 136,67 USD

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G43 GAMING        =876,00 kr. / 155,89 USD

RAM: Crucial Ballistix SP DDR3-1600 DC - 16GB = 1.029,00 kr / 183,12USD

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO SSD - 120GB        =549,00 kr / 97,70 USD

Case: Corsair Graphite 760T - White         =1.249,00 / 222,27 USD

Western Digital WD Blue - 1TB             =419,00 kr / 74,56 USD

it's all good

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Hey @lolbry9,

I wasn’t trying to advertise, I saw that @Admire was looking at our drives for a secondary storage and decided to give an advice for a drive that I feel would suit his needs.

If my post sounded like an AD – I apologize, no marketing/sales intentions at all :)

If this post helped you, please like and choose it as a best answer.   :)
http://www.wdc.com/en/

Hey @lolbry9,

I wasn’t trying to advertise, I saw that @Admire was looking at our drives for a secondary storage and decided to give an advice for a drive that I feel would suit his needs.
If my post sounded like an AD – I apologize, no marketing/sales intentions at all :)

i don't really doubt that :D

i heard WB Black is have very loud noise

any recommend fast HDD And Silent (No ssd ) :D

Current Build + Setup

Thanks for all the advice. Appreciated