PSU - Much help, many needed

SkilledRebuilds
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Okay, used a paperclip, PSU seems to be working (at least without any load), fan spins...

Re-attaching to the 'deemed dead mobo'' half the internal fans spin up and some don't... (all of them are plugged into headers) Mobo obviously is having an issue...

Less than two weeks old this motherboard!

So the initial crash was a display driver after exiting a game (cooling down from my 70*c max exiting BF4), display crash, recovered,.....rebooted, bsod from (cannot initialize/inaccessible hdd) problems (Raid0 was in use for Windows)

But regardless, after I rebooted past the BSOD and selected "last known good" it did boot into windows again.. loaded apps in systray then froze instantly and hardlocked.

Turned off, and ever since... no display.

Looks like I'm in for a new motherboard... and PSU just in case :P

It seems like it's just the motherboard. 

Typing with my phone...

5 years ago It was bought.

A 650w from Coolermaster.

Today. playing BF4 as normal.

quit.

Idle on desktop for about 20s and I move my mouse.. freeze. stutter..

Amd driver fail and has restarted.

Whole thing gets frozen locked before that notification goes away.

reboot

Bsod

Spam F8 like a boss. last known good config...

Boots into windows. Freezing instantly upon getting on the desktop...

reboot

No display

Check all cables. all good.

Still no display.

Remove Gpu.Hdds.All but 1 stick of ram.

Use onboard and 1 stick

Nothing....

swapping sticks. nothing

reset bios

nothing. not even from onboard.

Thinking Psu couldnt send enough down the rails? & died.

Mobo is a week old. Could still be the culprit bit I'm leaning on it being a 5 yr old Psu issue.

Currently its late and stressing me. goin to bed. Testing this psu tomorrow on my P4

Woll also test my other cheap 500w on my px tmoz without my 290 of course.

Thoughts.?

Note- I've never had gpu issues before. Thinking the pc was asking too much from ye old 650w.

8 hours sleep and I'm back at it.

What do you think?

Again sorry for the format of the post. Using a phone.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It could be many things, I would guess CPU/HDD/MB

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I doubt it's the psu.

Did you install a certain Windows update recently? http://www.eteknix.com/latest-windows-8-1-update-causing-major-issues/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I doubt it's the psu.

Did you install a certain Windows update recently? http://www.eteknix.com/latest-windows-8-1-update-causing-major-issues/

No windows updates done.

Pc powers but no display.

Also not all of my connected fans are spinning up when it powers.

Psu is the oldest part and has beem carried thru two builds.

Don't have any spares either :(

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

No windows updates done.

Pc powers but no display.

Also not all of my connected fans are spinning up when it powers.

Psu is the oldest part and has beem carried thru two builds.

Don't have any spares either :(

Okay, used a paperclip, PSU seems to be working (at least without any load), fan spins...

Re-attaching to the 'deemed dead mobo'' half the internal fans spin up and some don't... (all of them are plugged into headers) Mobo obviously is having an issue...

So the initial crash was a display driver after exiting a game (cooling down from my 70*c max exiting BF4), display crash, recovered,.....rebooted, bsod from (cannot initialize/inaccessible hdd) problems (Raid0 was in use for Windows)

But regardless, after I rebooted past the BSOD and selected "last known good" it did boot into windows again.. loaded apps in systray then froze instantly and hardlocked.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yep, and thanks for moving this into 'Troubleshooting" for me too.