PC-Tans

KemoKa

I am going to assume this is tech related because it has things to do with computers, hardware and operating systems.

Okay, so I gather that some of you guys are into anime or manga or those types of things. You may have seen or heard of the OS-tans, anime-style representations of different operating systems

Well, if you haven't, here they are
post-77647-0-68735600-1408434732_thumb.j

Windows 7 and 8 have them too and so do some Linux distros, even.

But here is my question to you lot. I draw anime-style pictures as a hobby, and I was thinking instead of software, what sort of computer hardware companies could I draw OS-tans of? I know I could sit down and write a huge list, but I was wondering if you guys had any specific suggestions or requests that I could draw for you. You can list specific models if you like and it can be literally anything from DIMMS to laptops to NAND chips to graphics cards to motherboards to cases to entire companies to Sandforce 2 controllers (>urk<)

If you want you could also suggest designs.

Just an idea I had.

I'll post this in off topic if some of you think this doesn't belong in Gen Disc.

I don't see Madobe Nanami (win7) on there...

d5028479e7.jpg

Try looking in Danbooru (danbooru.donmai.us) with the tag 'personification' 'rating:safe' and you might find a lot more than you'd expect...

P.S.

Nadia-tan (Linux Mint) please...

It would appear that age is not factored into these things. I'm not impressed.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

It would appear that age is not factored into these things. I'm not impressed.

That's not the point, dude. PC/OS-tans fall under the "loli" tag on Danbooru and lolis do not physically age.

That's not the point, dude. PC/OS-tans fall under the "loli" tag on Danbooru and lolis do not physically age.

I don't know what a loli is, but it sounds like disappointing lollipop.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

iirc using the loli tag required Danbooru Premium...

iirc using the loli tag required Danbooru Premium...

This is not what I have found...

But it is a known fact that lolis do not age.

Also

I don't know what a loli is, but it sounds like disappointing lollipop.

A loli is a fictional, non-real, two-dimensional female character, that, whether underage or not, resembles a little girl. Usually depicted in a slightly edgy way.

Nope. They are all young girls.

That is the most sacred law of PC-tans.

but there can be a girl named bob, its not illegal...is it?

Nothing to see here, move along

A loli is a fictional, non-real, two-dimensional female character, that, whether underage or not, resembles a little girl. Usually depicted in a slightly edgy way.

The more I hear about Anime/Manga, the weirder it gets.

The more I hear about Anime/Manga, the weirder it gets.

*laughs evilly* that is the understatement of the century. It follows kind of an exponential growth curve, you know what I mean?

but there can be a girl named bob, its not illegal...is it?

Well, of course, nothing wrong with that, I suppose.

*laughs evilly* that is the understatement of the century. It follows kind of an exponential growth curve, you know what I mean?

Yes, I'm staying far away from it. I'm going to stick to Fawlty Towers.

I may have collected images of them all and may have, until recently, used one as my avatar.  Had to retire it though due the Barnaculesocalypse that MS committed.

do not forget about the japanese Windows 8 (special) editions ...had i've only  gotten the chance to conquer thus ^^

madobe_ai_madobe_yuu.jpg

Ai Madobe and Yuu Madobe

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]