Nvidia Shield Tablet

legend8887

So I have the Dell Venue 8 which I absolutely love that runs Android and is 8 inches in size (the same as the Nvidia Shield Tablet). I think it would be awesome to be able to play PC games on my tablet with WiFi. I would ask for this for Christmas because I still need to get my GTX 880. Also, do you know if the Actiontec MI424WR is compatible with the speed requirements? Thanks.

I've got a dell venue 8 pro (windows 8.1), absolutely amazing tablet.

one of the best parts is that you can use steam in-home streaming with it if you install steam on the tablet! :D

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I've got a dell venue 8 pro (windows 8.1), absolutely amazing tablet.

one of the best parts is that you can use steam in-home streaming with it if you install steam on the tablet! :D

Thanks for replying but you didn't answer any of my questions.

Thanks for replying but you didn't answer any of my questions.

Shadowplay requires about 3.5mb/s, and the Actiontec MI424WR should be enough to support it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Shadowplay requires about 3.5mb/s, and the Actiontec MI424WR should be enough to support it.

I'm not asking about Shadowplay but being able to play PC games over WiFi when I'm not at home.

When looking at routers in relation to game stream, it's not the speed which you should be looking at as over WAN nvidia recomends something like 5 m/bits up and down (or something like that, maybe it was 20 down and 5 up... I forget so take that with a grain of salt). As for over LAN it doesn't need to be that high either. What you sould be paying attention to is:

A) The connection of the PC and Shield tablet (It would have to be very good on both ends, few walls would be best. Also It would work best if the PC was wired.

B) The Wireless networking standard. Nvidia recommends a 802.11n wireless networking standard. The router you have is a 802.11g wireless networking standard router which means it may have a reduced range in comparison with the recommended routers (the 802.11g wireless networking standard is the minimum requirement for game stream) I would recommend getting one of the recommended routers (you can find a list here ) Bare in mid that not all of the routers on that list are 802.11g some are 802.11ac which perform slightly better with optimized devices (Like the shield tablet) however unoptimized devices will not be able to take advantage of that slightly better range and signal strength. It may be worth just getting the tablet and trying it with you existing router first, as it will definitely work and if you feel the need for extra range you can upgrade your router. Alternatively, you could try steam in-home streaming to test your current router, but bare in mind that these results may not be exactly the same as the shield tablet results.

If you have anymore questions, just reply :)

-Billy

I'm not asking about Shadowplay but being able to play PC games over WiFi when I'm not at home.

If your not at home you will need an average to above average internet connection, best to do some research as nvidia hasn't said anything on speed requirements officially (or at least not that I can find) my recommendation theory from the post above came from a memory of an old video or artical from before the launch of gamestream over WAN.

-Billy