Reference r9 290x OC!

MarvinKMooney

So I am curious what the highest over clock you or any one you know has gotten on there reference, before any one says but the noise! Or but the heat!

I'm just curious what the highest over clock is that any one has gotten on it.

Probably like 100mhz before it overheated. I don't think there are any air cooling overclocking competitions. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

If there are any air competitions they have kept to them selfs for sure but I was just thinking if I can over clock a lava spewing card that Sounts like a fighter jet to +100mhz is is it that a non reference that's a "OC" addition card they only ad 30mhz or max I've seen is 50 just odd if you ask me