Windows 7 Install Help

SpaceSquid

So I have to install windows 7 on a laptop so I decided to do it using USB and I set the USB to the highest priority in the boot menu. But after installing it, it says to restart and I restart and it restarts the windows 7 installation but the partitions are still there,

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

So I have to install windows 7 on a laptop so I decided to do it using USB and I set the USB to the highest priority in the boot menu. But after installing it, it says to restart and I restart and it restarts the windows 7 installation but the partitions are still there,

Windows 7 completes its installation in one restart, so you should remove the installation media after it has installed or it will show the install screen again.

Try starting the PC without the install USB in and tell if there is still a problem.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

^ Yep. My guess is, you left the USB in, so when the restart completed, it saw the boot priority USB had an install image on it, and decided you want to install Windows, even though you already had it installed. Just remove the USB, or, shift the HDD to first priority under the boot options. Either or will solve things*

*assuming this was cause by laving the USB in

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section