The End is Near - Need a new Portable

So my laptop has been giving me a "consider replacing your battery" notice for a few days now. I hate this laptop and I will not spend more money on upkeep for it. It's time for something new. Either a laptop or a tablet should fill the void.

I use my current sorry excuse for a portable computer for web browsing, Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop use (light use, not an editor), and sometimes for light gaming on the web or from emulators and Steam indie games. I wouldn't regret having something I can play Smite and some high quality third person shooters on, but I would rather not spend much money on this device as I will have my desktop at school to game on anyway.

I will not get an iPad, even though they have Office now. I hate the UI and I always will. Used one for a year in High School, never want to touch one again.

One of my buddies at college has a Windows Surface Pro (the first one) and keeps going on about how great it is. He uses it for notes and Office work, and I could definitely get used to it since I'm a desktop Win 8.1 user. I think the Surface options might be the right direction for me.

Ultrabooks could also be perfect, especially thinner and lighter models, but the price is what matters most.

Recommend me some stuff. Budget doesn't matter. I'll decide on one when I see what's out there.

-L

P.S. My cake is delicious today.

Git Gud.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/yoga-laptop-series/yoga-laptop-2-pro/

wut

I asked for laptop recommendations, not for a shady website to get Win8 licenses...

just

wut

My bad, didn't click ctrl+c hard enough maybe.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I can recommend my Asus UX301.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDTF7K5U40

Oooh.

I wanted to get one(Actually I wanted to get the UX302 with discrete graphics) but it's really expensive here.

However,a new and better(?) model came out,but without the Gorilla glass D: It has an 840M and a 4k display.

Also,OP, you could try a Sony VAIO Flip. 

http://store.sony.com/all-vaio-flip/cat-27-catid-All-Ultrabook-Flip (it's a convertible)

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Also,OP, you could try a Sony VAIO Flip. 

http://store.sony.com/all-vaio-flip/cat-27-catid-All-Ultrabook-Flip (it's a convertible)

They don't make those anymore, they explode sometimes.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well,if they explode then I can also say that all AMD cards can set your house on fire,right?

Didn't know they didn't make those anymore though. D:

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Wow Sony... add online fees for multiplayer on PS4, then make PCs that explode.

Guys I figured out who the real terrorists are... O_O

Git Gud.

Well,if they explode then I can also say that all AMD cards can set your house on fire,right?

Didn't know they didn't make those anymore though. D:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2449575/sony-recalls-vaio-flip-hybrid-after-reports-of-fire-and-melting.html

Spoiler

It only affected the 11" version,and it wasn't their fault.

It was the battery's manufacturer's.

It only affected the 11" version,and it wasn't their fault.

It was the battery's manufacturer's.

killed the sales

Spoiler

Yeah, looks like I need to buy something new. I unplugged my laptop and it died immediately. RIP in peace

Git Gud.