MSI GT60 Dominator 474 3k VS MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 3k

DoubleA7

I have a budget of $2000 for a gaming laptop, (It has to be a laptop)

I've been contemplating between these 2 laptops:

http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt60-dominator-3k474-p-6953.html

http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gs60-ghostpro-3k097-p-7070.html

Both have the same GPU - GTX 870M

Both have same screen size + resolution

Both have terrible battery life (not a concern)

The Ghost is lighter vs the dominators heavy weight. 4.36 Lbs (2kg) vs 7.7 Lbs (3.5kg)

The Dominator has an i7 4700M (2.7GHz - 3.7GHz)  vs the Ghosts 4710M (2.5GHz - 3.5GHz)

The Dominator won't have as many heat issues as the Ghost

I don't know which to buy, I would say the CPU difference is not large enough to be a deal breaker, but the weight may be a deciding factor, I'll be moving around a lot so a light laptop is ideal, but I don't mind carrying the heavy one.

Well I think the easiest way to decide is to take the weight of the GT60, and find something of comparable weight to carry around in your bag all day. If it's too much, go with the GS60. If not, maybe the GT60 is for you.

Do you have your heart set on a 3K screen? Because for $2000 you could find some other laptops that come with a GTX 880M.

I'd go with the ghost as it is much thinner and lighter.

(I don't like huge bulky laptops)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well I think the easiest way to decide is to take the weight of the GT60, and find something of comparable weight to carry around in your bag all day. If it's too much, go with the GS60. If not, maybe the GT60 is for you.

Do you have your heart set on a 3K screen? Because for $2000 you could find some other laptops that come with a GTX 880M.

I'd prefer a 3k screen, If I wait a month or two I may be able to get the Dominator Pro 3k - 880M + 3k which was my first choice - but that's not relative to this thread.

so i'd have to answer with yes, 3k screen.

I'd prefer a 3k screen, If I wait a month or two I may be able to get the Dominator Pro 3k - 880M + 3k which was my first choice - but that's not relative to this thread.

so i'd have to answer with yes, 3k screen.

Gotcha. Well, unless the 8 pound weight is too bulky for your taste, I'd pick the GT60 for better thermals, but that's just me.

i would not get a 3k screen on laptop . the GPU will not push that res fine in games espesily with the 870m.

Needs Update