Cheap first build...

thomasdb11

That's a pretty nice build, also do you have two different sticks of RAM?

Thanks! Yeah, failed to mention that in the description to complicated, ones some corsair 4GB stick that I brought with the build and the other is some Kingston 4GB RAM stick that was lying around and that happened to be compatible, nice eye for detail :D

nice eye for detail :D

Why thank you :)

Also what setting do you have those in the BIOS?

I was reading that with different sticks you apply 'Unlinked' to allow for different timings or something and if they are all the same then you apply 'Linked'.

I'm sure someone who knows more will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's something like that.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Why thank you :)

Also what setting do you have those in the BIOS?

I was reading that with different sticks you apply 'Unlinked' to allow for different timings or something and if they are all the same then you apply 'Linked'.

I'm sure someone who knows more will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's something like that.

Well thank you I will definitely need to check that out next time I restart my PC

AH yes good question, well can't really help you there either I'm afraid it's a very complicated setup. The speakers that you can see are from an Akai sound system that I brought years ago for a 100€ (originally a DVD player thingy, with iPod dock), after buying it a built this computer and I realized that there was no real option to input into the current setup so went and brought a crap pair of Philips speakers that came with a bass (for 20€ I believe) and a Lepai 20W digital amplifier (20€ from Hong Kong). So what I have at the moment is my PC plug into the bass/amp of the Philips speakers that I brought then the Lepai amp plug into the the speaker output of the Philips bass/amp and my Akai speaker plug into the Lepai amp. So wouldn't really recommend what I have at the moment, but it actually sounds really good, which is rather surprising. Anyways hope you managed to follow so far  :P, but it turned out alright since the whole thing cost me 140€ and sounds better than anything else I have listened to at the same price. One rather annoying thing with this setup with two amps is that if you turn anything up to max it would brake your ears  :D. Good luck finding a good pair of speakers, and that brings me on to another question I have about sound cards, what is the best sound card you can get for around 40€ (USD $50)?

Aha that sounds super (in the words of slick) ghetto :D

in Australia you can get a xonar dgx for $35 aus

apparently its a really good price to performance card and i can only assume you can get it cheaper everywhere else due to Australia awesome inflation of tech products (gtx780 up from 600 to 800 D: )

CPU: i7-3770k (4.3Ghz)        Cooler: Nocta DH-14      RAM: Corsair Vengance 4x4Gb          Mobo: Sabertooth Z77
GPU:Galaxy GC GTX 670 (1176Ghz)       Power Supply: Corsair 650Tx      Boot:Samsung 840 120Gb SSD
HDD: WD Green 2Tb    Case: Corsair 600T

Aha that sounds super (in the words of slick) ghetto :D

in Australia you can get a xonar dgx for $35 aus

apparently its a really good price to performance card and i can only assume you can get it cheaper everywhere else due to Australia awesome inflation of tech products (gtx780 up from 600 to 800 D: )

It is super ghetto :D

Yeah I've heard of super taxes in AUS (mainly due to watching Mighty car mods :D), it's 37€ here so not that cheap but still under the 40€ mark, do you happen to know the difference between the DG and the DGX?

i believe the dg is pci and the dgx is pci-e

CPU: i7-3770k (4.3Ghz)        Cooler: Nocta DH-14      RAM: Corsair Vengance 4x4Gb          Mobo: Sabertooth Z77
GPU:Galaxy GC GTX 670 (1176Ghz)       Power Supply: Corsair 650Tx      Boot:Samsung 840 120Gb SSD
HDD: WD Green 2Tb    Case: Corsair 600T

Like it was suggested I am uploading better pictures, enjoy! ;)

PS: I have tried to remove the glare of the soft touch finish on the case as much as possible :mellow:

Bitfenix Survivor Core, great case but problems with airflow and cable management, despite it's downsides I would recommend this case if you can still buy it! 

post-817-0-00630800-1369846084_thumb.jpg

post-817-0-26460500-1369846462_thumb.jpg

Back of the PC

post-817-0-79387000-1369846630.jpg

Insides:

post-817-0-64454200-1369846952_thumb.jpg

post-817-0-80297400-1369846737_thumb.jpg

post-817-0-51681300-1369846869_thumb.jpg

post-817-0-70245900-1369847009_thumb.jpg

post-817-0-23759500-1369847043_thumb.jpg

post-817-0-81518100-1369847067_thumb.jpg

And the EPIC cable management! :D

post-817-0-19132300-1369847215_thumb.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! And feel free to answer any of my previous questions about upgrades... Any advice and input is welcome.
PS: really hope these are better than the first ones... :)

Thomas

My OCD strikes again, your rear case fan is the wrong way up, god I need to get this sorted, it's becoming a damn burden lol

Nice build though, I really like it

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

My OCD strikes again, your rear case fan is the wrong way up, god I need to get this sorted, it's becoming a damn burden lol

Nice build though, I really like it

Thanks! Yeah got a bit of OCD myself, but not that severe :D . All my case fans are different ways up mostly for cable management, which you can see is a bit of a mess  ;) tried as hard as I could without making custom cables which I doubt I will ever do...

Thanks! Yeah got a bit of OCD myself, but not that severe :D . All my case fans are different ways up mostly for cable management, which you can see is a bit of a mess  ;) tried as hard as I could without making custom cables which I doubt I will ever do...

rofl damn cable management, it's a pain in the arse lol

When I was building mine I had to sort the rear case fan out and also put the Intel CPU cooler with the sticker perfectly level, my mate doesn't bother and I can't even be in the same room as the PC because it screws me up knowing everything isn't at the correct orientation, to be honest I think he's just doing that to be a dick to me lol

rofl damn cable management, it's a pain in the arse lol

When I was building mine I had to sort the rear case fan out and also put the Intel CPU cooler with the sticker perfectly level, my mate doesn't bother and I can't even be in the same room as the PC because it screws me up knowing everything isn't at the correct orientation, to be honest I think he's just doing that to be a dick to me lol

LMAO seriously man that's just awesome hahaha :D. But seriously when doing something why not do it properly? I've done as good as I possibly could (IMO) without going balls to the walls and making custom everything.

But that isn't OCD it's just 'in the search of perfection' which I respect :)

LMAO seriously man that's just awesome hahaha :D. But seriously when doing something why not do it properly? I've done as good as I possibly could (IMO) without going balls to the walls and making custom everything.

But that isn't OCD it's just 'in the search of perfection' which I respect :)

Cool cheers but it can't be a bugger sometimes lol

you could also try looking up prices at a fx 6300 or 4300 they are quite good. and you should be fine with a 60gb ssd just to get the os to feel snappy because windows only use 8gb and and the avrage app only uses about 10gb.

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

you could also try looking up prices at a fx 6300 or 4300 they are quite good. and you should be fine with a 60gb ssd just to get the os to feel snappy because windows only use 8gb and and the avrage app only uses about 10gb.

Would you recommend any specific SSD from my post earlier on? "for an SSD is an OCZ vertex 3 any good as its the cheapest with the most capacity (90GB)? Around 70€. Other ones I'm looking at are the Samsung 840 120GB SSD for 84€ or the SanDisk 64 GB SSD for 58€ or finally the Crucial M4 64 GB SSD for 72€. Which ones the better option concerning value for money? (Linus and others seem the raise the Samsung 840 so I was thinking on going with that one...)

Thanks!'

The Plextor M5s seems to be a little cheaper than the 840, maybe cherche pour ça ^^

From the SSD choices above, I'd say go with the Samsung one 120gb > 64gb and the small ones tend to mort très vite :D

Et le 7870 est une card graphique pour ~150€. Tu doit le chercher :D

omg, I should really have payed more attention in my 8yrs of french ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I've got a 2Tb WD green external HDD as well, why so many, well because series, films, games, photos and work ans I'm rapidly running out of space  :D. But some of them I had left over from my old PCs (one is just used to store photos that are backed up somewhere else and sounds like it is about to die but who cares it's like 6 years old :D).

Anyways what CPU do you have in mind? that is more 'modern' that is under 170€ and is compatible with my mobo (Asus M4N75TD) and for an SSD is an OCZ vertex 3 any good as its the cheapest with the most capacity (90GB)? Around 70€. Other ones I'm looking at are the Samsung 840 120GB SSD for 84€ or the SanDisk 64 GB SSD for 58€ or finally the Crucial M4 64 GB SSD for 72€. Which ones the better option concerning value for money? (Linus and others seem the raise the Samsung 840 so I was thinking on going with that one...)

Thanks!

I would spend a little more an get the Crucial M4. I don't have one personally but everyone I know or have seen that has one says it is very good.

The Plextor M5s seems to be a little cheaper than the 840, maybe cherche pour ça ^^

From the SSD choices above, I'd say go with the Samsung one 120gb > 64gb and the small ones tend to mort très vite :D

Et le 7870 est une card graphique pour ~150€. Tu doit le chercher :D

omg, I should really have payed more attention in my 8yrs of french ^^

Not going to answer you in French because I'm scared that you will not understand :P (BTW, good French, however it's "ils on tendances à mourir très vite" and "est une carte graphique pour 150€ tu devrais y jeté un coup d’œil" :P ). Anyways, I've looked up the Plextor M4 and I can only find one on sale in France and it's 127€ for 128GB... So was I think I'm going with either the SanDisk as it's the cheapest or with the Samsung 840 120GB as it's the cheapest for the most capacity. As fro the graphic card I wasn't going to update it just yet as I have only a small budget and decided that a new CPU and SSD would be better at this time, however my next upgrade so probably in six months will be the GPU and either the case or a modular PSU. But thanks for the suggestion anyways...

I would spend a little more an get the Crucial M4. I don't have one personally but everyone I know or have seen that has one says it is very good.

Thanks for the advice!

Alright so, does anybody know for sure that you cannot use an AM3+ CPU on a AM3 mobo?

If so what's better bang for buck:

- AMD Phenom II X6 1045T  6 cores 2,70 GHz (99€)

- AMD Phenom II X4 965 quad core 3.4 GHz black edition (120€, overpriced? There is also a 964 black edition advertised on Amazon, however they do mean 965. for 79€)

- FX 6350 4.2 GHz 6 cores (139€)

- FX 4350 4.3 GHz quad core (129€)

Thanks!

Perhaps look on eBay for a gtx 580 or something. I would guess people will be selling up due to the new 700 series being released.

OnePlus 6T

Would you recommend any specific SSD from my post earlier on? "for an SSD is an OCZ vertex 3 any good as its the cheapest with the most capacity (90GB)? Around 70€. Other ones I'm looking at are the Samsung 840 120GB SSD for 84€ or the SanDisk 64 GB SSD for 58€ or finally the Crucial M4 64 GB SSD for 72€. Which ones the better option concerning value for money? (Linus and others seem the raise the Samsung 840 so I was thinking on going with that one...)

Thanks

i personally have no experience with ssds but i would say go for the one thats cost under a euro per gb (still choose a reliable brand and not some chinese bullshit) anyway it´s always a good upgrade.

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

Very nice inexpensive build, i would start with upgrading the gpu then the cpu, i upgraded my Asus 6850 to a Sapphire 7950 and im getting a an FX-8350 to reduce the bottleneck as my system is really badly bottlenecked (my cpu is worse than yours) and i have somehow lived on a 300gb 5400rpm hdd for a year now (getting a 2tb barracuda 7200rpm)

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

You cannot run AM3+ cpu's on AM3 motherboards, i would deffinetly go for the x6 phenom, because you can probably oc it to somewhere between 3.3 to 3.8 Ghz. And it would be faster if you do something else than gaming.

Lol noctua fans can actually go together with that motherboard