missing small sata cable

Akari_Verdugo
Go to solution Solved by connorpiper,

The smaller SATA connector is what connects to your Motherboard, you should have at least 2 in your motherboard box.

Am a fairly new newcomer into the PC race, and while building I came across a problem so currently am almost done putting together my PC. The problem is that am trying to install my hdd to the motherboard. And in the instructions of the hdd it says I should have two sata cables a long black wide one and a short one that connects to the motherboard my question is that the power supply unit, I have which is a thermal take TR2 600W has the wide black one sata cable but doesn't have the small sata cable. And I looked in all my item boxes to make sure I didn't miss anything so I was wondering do I need to purchase a small sata cord or did the hdd manufacture or psu manufacture forget to give me one ?

The smaller SATA connector is what connects to your Motherboard, you should have at least 2 in your motherboard box.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Alright I checked the box and it isn't in there guess someone else opened it and took it for another motherboard

Alright I checked the box and it isn't in there guess someone else opened it and took it for another motherboard

You might get mixed up which cable is which. go to the link above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No am sure someone took it i purchased the motherboard at frys and you can open up the box and check the stuff am pretty sure someone took it for another motherboard or stole it. Since am a new builder i didn't know you where suppose to get the two cables since all i saw when i opened it up was the motherboard, the tin panel , manual and a driver disc. Suppose i should read the manual for the parts first then checking to see if everything is there in the box.