Serious help needed

EYCEthebest003
Go to solution Solved by EYCEthebest003,

Its fixed.

I separated the raid and put the mobo into AHCI, then it detected the drives and i was able to repair the MBR.  I put the mobo back into raid and now we're back into windows.

Thanks for your suggestion TheKDub, i appreciate it, even though i didn't have to use it.  I'm glad it all worked out.

Im troubleshooting a friend's computer that suddenly wont boot.  Every time we try to boot normally it launches startup repair which fails to work.  I tried a few commands in cmd like fix MBR and whatnot but i kept getting an error message.  I popped in a windows 7 disc to do a repair install and it wont detect any disc drives.  Bios detects both his HDD and SSD

He is running intel SRT with a 1TB WD Black and a Kingston SSD

bios shows that his drives are still raided together

his motherboard is a gigabyte a z87m-n3h

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

try making a windows 7 repair flash drive?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

try making a windows 7 repair flash drive?

will this accomplish anything that using the bootrec tools wont?

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

Its fixed.

I separated the raid and put the mobo into AHCI, then it detected the drives and i was able to repair the MBR.  I put the mobo back into raid and now we're back into windows.

Thanks for your suggestion TheKDub, i appreciate it, even though i didn't have to use it.  I'm glad it all worked out.