Problem solved (delete if nessecary)

Gauzl

My PC is failing to properly detect the wheel. The website to download the driver says I do not need to install a driver since I have windows 7 and that its plug in and play, I have also tried downloading the xbox 360 controller for windows but still not working.

@Gauzl

Is it showing up in the windows game controller bit in control panel?

Does it show up in device manager? try right click and get driver, or uninstall it and try a different usb port

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

@Gauzl

Is it showing up in the windows game controller bit in control panel?

Does it show up in device manager? try right click and get driver, or uninstall it and try a different usb port

It detects a device but has a caution sign on it so it can't tell what it is.

It detects a device but has a caution sign on it so it can't tell what it is.

right click it and click properties, then click update driver and see if you can find it online.  If you can't search your wheel up on Google and try find the drivers for it.  

Also, I came to this post at first because I was like "wtf?  ThrustMaster?" it sounds a bit inappropriate :P

right click it and click properties, then click update driver and see if you can find it online. If you can't search your wheel up on Google and try find the drivers for it.

Also, I came to this post at first because I was like "wtf? ThrustMaster?" it sounds a bit inappropriate :P

Done all that, still nothing, when I try to troubleshoot I get a message saying no driver detected, yet the driver website says I don't need one as it's pre installed on windows 7, well obviously not.....

Done all that, still nothing, when I try to troubleshoot I get a message saying no driver detected, yet the driver website says I don't need one as it's pre installed on windows 7, well obviously not.....

have you installed all your windows updates? 

Nevermind I found the firmware download which was what I needed.