My build: decent/tips?

Burakius

[TABLE=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_galleryInnerTable]

[TR=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_odd wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_first]

[TD]

1303919749.jpeg[/TD]

[TD=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_amount]

[/TD]

[TD=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_title wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_ellipsis]

Intel Xeon E3-1230V2 Boxed

Processor[/TD]

[TD=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_price]

€ 200,10[/TD]

€ 200,10[/TD]

[TD=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_basket]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_even]

[TD]

1331139021.jpeg[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_title wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_ellipsis]

MSI Z77A-G45

Motherboard[/TD]

€ 98,99[/TD]

€ 98,99[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_odd]

[TD]

1349867993.jpeg[/TD]

[/TD]

Sapphire HD 7950 Boost 3GB GDDR5

Videocard[/TD]

€ 270,99[/TD]

€ 270,99[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]

1326209598.png[/TD]

[/TD]

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST2000DM001, 2TB

HDD[/TD]

€ 83,45[/TD]

€ 83,45[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]

1319036184.png[/TD]

[/TD]

Corsair Carbide 500R Black

Case[/TD]

€ 94,95[/TD]

€ 94,95[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]

1319009834.jpeg[/TD]

[/TD]

Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Zwart

Monitor[/TD]

€ 189,-[/TD]

€ 189,-[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]

1317131480.jpeg[/TD]

[/TD]

Scythe Mugen 3 PC Games Hardware Edition

CPU-cooler[/TD]

€ 34,99[/TD]

€ 34,99[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]

1336403778.jpeg[/TD]

[/TD]

Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M2A1600C10

RAM[/TD]

€ 70,90[/TD]

€ 70,90[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]

1286261596.jpeg[/TD]

[/TD]

XFX PRO650W

powersupply[/TD]

€ 74,45[/TD]

€ 74,45[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]

1341818234.jpeg[/TD]

[/TD]

Crucial m4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB

SSD[/TD]

€ 93,99[/TD]

€ 93,99[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I have written the prices (here in the Netherlands).

So this build would be 1.211,81 euros. Wich is about 1611 dollars.

So what do you guys think I could change? I heard the after market cpu cooler I use is overkill and useless.

edit: Also very very very important for me: is this system noisy? I really want it quiet.

edit2: 1650 dollar would be my max budget btw.

Xeon's and gaming which is what I assume you're aiming for don't generally mix. You'd be better suited with something like a 3570K or if you feel you need the extra power for other things, a 3770K. That CPU cooler personally I would swap for a CM 212, it has unbeatable value for money and is only about $30. Otherwise the next step up for coolers would be something like a Noctua D14. With your monitor, they're a thing better looked at in person so If I were you I'd go down to my local electronics warehouse and have a look at some of them because like audio, you can't get a huge amount of reviews that actually mean something on the internet. Other than that, I don't really see a problem.

i'd definately drop the xeon for gaming, while it's good in synthetic stuff, it isn't actually made for gaming. it's a server chip. other than that, seems okay.

also, i'd check out hardareversand . com. german crowd. i've never bought from them but they're good value and irish folk seem to rave about them.

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Xeon's and gaming which is what I assume you're aiming for don't generally mix. You'd be better suited with something like a 3570K or if you feel you need the extra power for other things' date=' a 3770K. That CPU cooler personally I would swap for a CM 212, it has unbeatable value for money and is only about $30. Otherwise the next step up for coolers would be something like a Noctua D14. With your monitor, they're a thing better looked at in person so If I were you I'd go down to my local electronics warehouse and have a look at some of them because like audio, you can't get a huge amount of reviews that actually mean something on the internet. Other than that, I don't really see a problem. [/quote']

Hi first of all thanx for the reply! Also whats important for me is that its future-proof, meaning the CPU can go a long way. Would this build go long with me, if I would add some stuff later on with the CPU you recommend. Also the Xeon really came out good value for money in several tests. The 3570 u recommend also was recommended to me by other persons. Also important: I am not overclocking :O. Thx for the fan advice. I'll look them up. Do you think this system would be quiet?

Sorry for so many questions.

edit: yes its for gaming XD And some AutoCad on the side.

Xeon's and gaming which is what I assume you're aiming for don't generally mix. You'd be better suited with something like a 3570K or if you feel you need the extra power for other things' date=' a 3770K. That CPU cooler personally I would swap for a CM 212, it has unbeatable value for money and is only about $30. Otherwise the next step up for coolers would be something like a Noctua D14. With your monitor, they're a thing better looked at in person so If I were you I'd go down to my local electronics warehouse and have a look at some of them because like audio, you can't get a huge amount of reviews that actually mean something on the internet. Other than that, I don't really see a problem. [/quote'] Hi first of all thanx for the reply! Also whats important for me is that its future-proof, meaning the CPU can go a long way. Would this build go long with me, if I would add some stuff later on with the CPU you recommend. Also the Xeon really came out good value for money in several tests. The 3570 u recommend also was recommended to me by other persons. Also important: I am not overclocking :O. Thx for the fan advice. I'll look them up. Do you think this system would be quiet? Sorry for so many questions. edit: yes its for gaming XD And some AutoCad on the side.

If you're not overclocking then either a 3570 or 3770. As stated, Xeon's are server chips, they're not designed for things like gaming. You don't have to have a Z77 board then either, one of the Asus P8H77's would suit you fine. I would still go with a basic aftermarket cooler such as a 212 Evo though because those chips can get rather warm.

It should be pretty quiet. The case is designed for sound reduction and is a good case overall. If it comes with the standard corsair fans, you might want to get separate ones as they are known for being very loud. However, if you under-volt them they might be ok.

Xeon's and gaming which is what I assume you're aiming for don't generally mix. You'd be better suited with something like a 3570K or if you feel you need the extra power for other things' date=' a 3770K. That CPU cooler personally I would swap for a CM 212, it has unbeatable value for money and is only about $30. Otherwise the next step up for coolers would be something like a Noctua D14. With your monitor, they're a thing better looked at in person so If I were you I'd go down to my local electronics warehouse and have a look at some of them because like audio, you can't get a huge amount of reviews that actually mean something on the internet. Other than that, I don't really see a problem. [/quote'] Hi first of all thanx for the reply! Also whats important for me is that its future-proof, meaning the CPU can go a long way. Would this build go long with me, if I would add some stuff later on with the CPU you recommend. Also the Xeon really came out good value for money in several tests. The 3570 u recommend also was recommended to me by other persons. Also important: I am not overclocking :O. Thx for the fan advice. I'll look them up. Do you think this system would be quiet? Sorry for so many questions. edit: yes its for gaming XD And some AutoCad on the side.
If you're not overclocking then either a 3570 or 3770. As stated, Xeon's are server chips, they're not designed for things like gaming. You don't have to have a Z77 board then either, one of the Asus P8H77's would suit you fine. I would still go with a basic aftermarket cooler such as a 212 Evo though because those chips can get rather warm.

Hmmm I think i'll go for the 3570 then because for 100 euros extra and hypertrading the 3770 looks like it wont do much for me. About the motherboard: Would an 1345818261.jpeg

ASRock B75 Pro3-M also be ok?

A Xeon is perfectly capable for gaming. It's not purely a "server" cpu. Thats only the name intel has given it to sell it easier. It has nearly the same performance as a 3770 but for much cheaper price. Also on youtube you can find enough videos about it. So...

I'd suggest keeping the g45 and get the 3570k and you can just use the auto overclock you dont touch any BIOS setting if thats what you were turned off by (free performance!) and with a dual fan gpu will be a shame not to i OC and have quiet computing just mess with the fan profiles in msi afterburner =) all the best