GIGABYTE Launches the BRIX Ultra Compact PC Kit

LOGO.jpg

GIGABYTE just officially launched the "Brix" mini pc.

The Brix is meant to go up against intel's "NUC" (Next Unit of Computing)

It measures in at 29.9 x 107.6 x 114.4 mm.

brix01.main.jpg

There will be 4 models available where the only difference is the CPU ranging from a intel celeron dual-core all the way up to an i7 dual-core.

brix02.specs.png

The Brix has a strong aluminium frame with stylish glass surface on top.

I/O and chip-set is the same on all 4 models: intel H77 chip-set, 2x USB3.0 ports, HDMI output, mini DP output and gigabit LAN.

The unit has no build in power supply so it will come with a external power brick (19V DC, 3.42A)

It also ships with a build in half-sized mini-PCIe slot WiFi module (wireless n)

brix03.IO.jpg

As mentioned before, it's a bare-bone pc, so the user will need to add his own RAM (up to 16GB with 2 SO-DIMM slots) and his own mSATA-SSD.

GIGABYE also bundles the Brix with a VESA mount bracket that allows you to attach it to the back of most TV's and monitors. (VESA 75x75 and 100x100)

brix04.vesa.jpg

UPDATE:

I just got a first price hit: 320euro for the i3 model, 430euro for the i5 model and 590 euro for the i7 model.

These pricing's including 21% tax, and they come from a dutch web-store that's usually a bit overpriced, so you can probably take of 40euro, which will bring the i3 model down to 280euro (the dutch site in dutch)

note: Intel's NUC comes in at 250euro incl tax, that is also a i3 with roughly the same specs.

Source: http://www.gigabyte.com/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=1208

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

wow those are actually decent specs for something so small :)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Yeah, it looks that could become a viable option for some people in certain environments. 

YEA that confirmes my theory about steamboxes, we are getting something equal to xi3 piston, that can run steam games is small to fit behind your tv,monitor - upper class consoles with betterr specs and smallers case than your run of the mill xbox or ps

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Yeah, it looks that could become a viable option for some people in certain environments. 

Yeah something like that or even the NUCs would actually be perfect for my mother.  My mother uses a computer but really all she does is email,  some light web browsing and pogo.  I have bought her her computers since getting her her first one in 2000.  Right now she has an AMD 1060T and it is more than enough for what she uses it for.  I am pretty much positive when its time to upgrade her computer one of these small devices is what I will end up getting her.  

perfect for htpcs...when mine dies.. ill prolly get one as a replacement

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I really like these NUC Pc's, I'm really debating about getting one, because its so small, and easy hide in the living room.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

ppl think this will rise the pc market sale

no it wont

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Just got a first price hit: 320euro for the i3 model, 430euro for the i5 model and 590 euro for the i7 model.

These pricing's including 21% tax, and they come from a dutch web-store that's usually a bit overpriced, so you can probably take of 40euro, which will bring the i3 model down to 280euro (the dutch site in dutch)

note: Intel's NUC comes in at 250euro incl tax, that is also a i3 with roughly the same specs.

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

u will still need a hdd or rather an ssd and memory too!

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I really like these NUC Pc's, I'm really debating about getting one, because its so small, and easy hide in the living room.

from gigabyte:

Ideal for compact HTPC builds or as a standard desktop in the home or office, the BRIX doesn’t hold back in terms of display and peripheral connectivity, or raw performance.

u will still need a hdd or rather an ssd and memory too!

said so already in my post :P TLDNR?

no hdd, it will only support mSATA SSD's

said so already in my post :P TLDNR?

no hdd, it will only support mSATA SSD's

i thought it was such an important point it was worth mentioning twice

/oops

Cookie Cutter Build log

i thought it was such an important point it was worth mentioning twice

/oops

:) no problemo, and your right it pretty important as they are not that cheap anymore after you add the ssd and ram.

Will probably get one for a dedicated linux box, the rasberry Pi's just don't have enough juice for me. 

Will probably get one for a dedicated linux box, the rasberry Pi's just don't have enough juice for me.

yes i was considering to get the i7 model and 8 or 16GB of ram and run ESXi on it to test servers before i deploy them on my main server. nice to bring with me to school and stuff.

yes i was considering getting the i7 model and 8 or 16GB of ram and runs ESXi on it to test servers before it deploy them on my main server.

similar situation, I use my linux partition as a dedicated node.js testing server but man is it a pain to reboot everytime I wanna use it

most pipo are clueless about nuc's i wonder wat ma grandma wud think it is

Interesting. I currently use a 27" iMac as my monitor for my gaming rig and use it for general browsing, youtube etc because its silent. But I'm over dealing with apples crap and want to sell the iMac and get a standalone monitor. I had been thinking about building a mitx or similar build for general browsing but this would be perfect.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

this might be more interesting as a steambox/HTPC if it had the intel HD 4500 graphics or if there was an AMD FM2 variant 

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552