Failure configuring updates...

stereophonie

Hey guys, I'm at my wits end. I've been given a PC to repair as it was having problems, c: inaccessible, network errors and unable to install programs. I've tried to do a restore with no luck. I've tried to do a format and reinstall with no luck either. Each time I install Windows 8 it works no problem until I download the updates. After it restarts it says "failure configuring Windows updates, Reverting changes." Once reverted the initial errors come back, the hardware seems fine and I've tested the HDD in my own rig. Any ideas? I'm stumped.

Clear the bios

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I'll try that next, why would that make any difference? Just out of curiosity.

Clear the bios

Unfortunately didn't work, currently viewing the "failure" message. I honestly don't know what else I can try. Is there a list of necessary updates to install for 8.1 that I can try and do manually?

Unfortunately didn't work, currently viewing the "failure" message. I honestly don't know what else I can try. Is there a list of necessary updates to install for 8.1 that I can try and do manually?

Can you give us the specs of the pc? might not be optimized to work with W8 (Older systems generally)

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

It's a Pentium G2030, 4gb RAM and a 1TB barracuda. It's a pre build from Dell. Inspiron Desktop 660 MT : BTX base.