Low cost build

Hi guys, as you may or may not know, I have this old P4 system... I'm thinking of retiring her as warm storage or decorative piece for my nerd cave... Now, the family that she's helping now needs something a bit faster... They only use the computer for light web surfing, flash games, and word processing...

Unfortunately budget is tight, but a second-hand system is out of the question since the market for refurbished PCs here is swindling people big time (not that we can sue them because of the weak, expensive, and long-winded legal processes and the weak law on this)...

I need suggestions from the community for the cheapest build that I can get...

Conditions are as follows:

• basic PC for word processing, spreadsheets, and web surfing
  • can be of any form factor but must stay below 250USD (if this is even possible)
  • must make use of at least DDR3 1333 MHz RAM
  • must have VGA (D-Sub) out and PS/2 in

Thanks in advance.

Here you are

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($54.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($48.37 @ OutletPC) 
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($27.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $245.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-02 22:45 EDT-0400

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

Austin Evans recently did a build for gaming at 300 bucks, so a non gaming build should most definitely be possible.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Lv3KK8

It should be noted that no OS is included, can be had off of G2A for 20 bucks.

Edit: I forgot a damn PSU, so do disregard this.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

-snip-

Thanks for the quick response... Now the problem will be looking for the parts in the local shops (which I will have to do when I'm buying something)...

Austin Evans recently did a build for gaming at 300 bucks, so a non gaming build should most definitely be possible.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Lv3KK8

It should be noted that no OS is included, can be had off of G2A for 20 bucks.

I've seen his vid and I was impressed at the base system... Unfortunately it doesn't fit my needs...

I'm planning on running Elementary OS or Linux Mint Cinnamon by the way...

UPDATE:
I forgot that I have a case and PSU laying around so I can cut costs some more... Maybe reinvest the money for a 15" monitor...

UPDATE:

I forgot that I have a case and PSU laying around so I can cut costs some more... Maybe reinvest the money for a 15" monitor...

That'll certainly take some pressure off, 250 is a pretty hard number to work with.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

I'll be sure to post the build log if this build becomes reality... I still need to get the funds together...

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I just got confirmation of the budget for the rig... Build will most likely be in December and will recycle parts from Mutsuki (upgrading her to Mutsuki Kai)...