Linux Wireless USB won't work

Just recently bought a usb wireless Asus N13 and currently trying to get it to work on linux backtrack on vmware. I have already enabled it on vmware to connect to the VM instead of host computer but still don't know what to do, do i have to install it or something?

USB is not directly controlled from within a virtual box, so I'm afraid it won't work and you'll have to use a PCI WiFi adapter.

The best way to use a pentest distro is to run it live from a USB flashdrive or SDCard on a PC with the HDD Physically disconnected, in which case it will not be virtual but will offer the same security at the possible cost of having to throw away the USB flashdrive/SDCard if you've done something really hairy. In any case, with a live distro, the USB WiFi adapter will work.

Actually, Using VM Ware you can pass through USB device to the guest OS, but then the host OS looses access to the devices.

By the way, to get the USB card running you have to follow the directions here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1419504

Unfortunately you are going to have to compile the drivers, so it may take awhile.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.