Subduing Manufacturer Logos and Labels

Oseirus

(Ever notice how you're only prone to clicking a wrong button when you're writing super long posts, and haven't saved anything you've written? Drawn out "I'm a n00b" post, take 2...)

I'm going to start out by saying that I absolutely hate company labeling. There's nothing that gets my goat more than seeing a beautiful computer or motorcycle or whatever else marred by unsightly logos or garish stickers. Now, I'm not about to go paint over the Gilette logo on my disposable razor, and it's not that I have a problem with any particular company or anything like that, it just really sucks to see an atrociously designed logo invading the look of my expensive hobbies. And, let's face it, there aren't many company logos that AREN'T atrociously designed.

That said, one of my planned "Look Pretty" modifications to my upcoming build (in sig) is to hide, remove, or subdue any and all branding that I possibly can both in and around my tower. Video cards, water cooling, case badges, even brand names on monitors or keyboards, all of it will eventually go. 

Now, the challenge: I live in cramped quarters. A one bedroom apartment with painfully limited storage, a girlfriend who doesn't understand (but is thankfully sympathetic to) my love for technology, and a tool box filled with two (stolen) screwdrivers, a hammer, and a sorta-niceish multi-tool. Additionally, I want to avoid dropping a ton of cash on tools or things that will only be used MAYBE a handful of times in my lifetime.

What I'm asking for are tips, tricks, and advice that some of you have used to clean up the look of your rigs *without* cutting into parts/rent/food money, or pissing off landlords/neighbors/girlfriends. I figure a liberal amount of masking tape and some heat-resistant spray paint are a good start, but are there any particular brands or items that seem to work better or help the process? Also, are there any guides or articles that might be helpful?

Thanks in advance.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

I keep a great supply of Goo-Gone and 3M Weather-strip Adhesive Remover for stickers and

sticker residue removal. the 3M also removes "Tampo" stampings. difficult stampings get

lacquer thinner treatments. lighter fluid for TIM removal, large amounts of painters tape,

pin-stripe tape, X-Acto knives and blades, dremel and assorted bits and cutters, PC modders

tools, a collection of connectors and wire, wire strippers and cutters, are the smallish tools

i use daily.

consult MNPCTech.com for guides and tuts..

airdeano