$1500-ish

Guys, what are the best configurations for $1500-ish (more or less than)(less than most probably) for a PC? Don't include peripherals and OS, Just the parts needed the build the actual PC. I leave my faith to you guys :)

US, Australia, New Zealand or Canada?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

^^

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

linus has a build guide for just such a budget 

you could go off that and just change things slightly to fit your needs and preferences

from what i understand the $1500 in his guide is based off of components only and doesn't include the peripherals 

US, Australia, New Zealand or Canada?

although i agree that currency should be specified i think its safe to assume that he would be asking in USD but i could be wrong

although i agree that currency should be specified i think its safe to assume that he would be asking in USD but i could be wrong

I think not!

p7wA6Gf.png

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I'm tired, I'll let my build do the talking. That is... if those are American dollars in your budget.

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($136.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($115.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($247.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card  ($464.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1527.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-29 03:50 EDT-0400

<<EDIT>>
Suddenly I'm not tired enough to ignore an explanation. The i5 4690k is a sweet spot for current games and some light editing of gameplay while leaving some overclocking room. The 8GB of RAM is from Corsair thus known to be highly reliable plus it's color matched.  The motherboard packs necessary features while retaining a sweet price. The 500GB SSD is to ensure you'll never have games or programs vie for SSD quality.  The EVGA GTX 780 is power efficient and preferable sweet spot I'm my opinion for this tier of budget. EVGA's G2 is quite reliable as validated by Linus' favorite hardcore PSU reviewer Johnny Guru. The NZXT case is among the best and comes in a black and blue version if you want further color matching. The case is also silent and features many comfort items such as builtin PSU shroud with a SSD show case mount and nice metal drive mounts with total silence in mind. Essentially I designed this with performance, comfort, and aesthetics while just pushing the budget a slight bit. Keep in mind this is for 1080p and 1440p gaming.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

You have somtin against deh Auzies, Kiwis and Cahnadiens?? M8!?!?!?!\

But seriously: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

It's right there man, right freakin there. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I think not!

p7wA6Gf.png

yea i understand that there's a lot of things which could be meant by dollar but i still feel that it is most likely the currency that he is referencing is the USD

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($72.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($80.99 @ NCIX US) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB TurboDuo Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($359.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB TurboDuo Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($359.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1451.89

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-29 03:55 EDT-0400

Let this power destroy a small planet.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

yea i understand that there's a lot of things which could be meant by dollar but i still feel that it is most likely the currency that he is referencing is the USD

Yeah, there is often Australians that want builds and the AUD is worth quite a bit less than USD.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Yeah, there is often Australians that want builds and the AUD is worth quite a bit less than USD.

only like 90 cents on the dollar, its about the same value as the canadain dollar right now

Put up a build for Australia, you really do get a lot less for 1,500 AUD as apposed to 1,500 USD. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($275.00 @ Mwave Australia)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($198.00 @ Centre Com)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($95.00 @ Centre Com)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($63.00 @ Centre Com)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card  ($499.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($158.00 @ Centre Com)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $1546.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-29 17:55 EST+1000

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

only like 90 cents on the dollar, its about the same value as the canadain dollar right now

Also, Australians have it more expensive, so you get alot less for 1500 Dollars in Australia as opposed to the US.

ok well according to his facebook which he has provided his name for in his profile he lives in the Philippines and they use pesos so again hes probably referencing the USD 

The Australian dollar is at $1.06 to every USD. 

Also, Australians have it more expensive, so you get alot less for 1500 Dollars in Australia as opposed to the US.

i guess that is true considering their relatively high minimum wage in comparison to the minimum wage in most states

-snip list-

Let this power destroy a small planet Piers Morgan.

FTFY

Components are more expensive in Australia which is the major factor.

yea i didn't actually check it, just the last time i looked at the aud it was exactly 1:1 with the cad and last i checked the cad it was about 90 cents american

boop

you do realized the videos 2 years old? pretty damn out dated 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

you do realized the videos 2 years old? pretty damn out dated 

Was thinking the same thing.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Components are more expensive in Australia which is the major factor.

Well right now on PCCG you can get a 290 Tr-X for 499 AUD which translates to ~470 USD, and on Newegg the same GPU is 390 USD, so about a 20% markup really. 

Well right now on PCCG you can get a 290 Tr-X for 499 AUD which translates to ~470 USD, and on Newegg the same GPU is 390 USD, so about a 20% markup really. 

That's a pretty significant amount went applied to a full high-budget build.

That's a pretty significant amount went applied to a full high-budget build.

Hell yeh, it's kinda disappointing when there is someone from Aus after just saying the budget as you have to drop a lot of things when in a USD mind-set. 

Anyways I tweaked the build a bit, I think it's a bit better and also cheaper. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($275.00 @ Mwave Australia)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($198.00 @ Centre Com)

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($95.00 @ Centre Com)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($63.00 @ Centre Com)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card  ($499.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($119.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Power Supply: Corsair CSM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Total: $1487.00

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-29 18:11 EST+1000

Edit:

You could put the RM750 in there for just a bit more.