White Bar Blocking Screen

tuberolector

I recently built a new system, and it is running great, except for one problem. There is a white bar in the bottom right of my screen that covers whatever else in on the screen in that spot.

The one thing that is able to cover it is the start menu (Windows 7). 

I have absolutely no idea what is causing this, and it is really bugging me. 

Here are some screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about:

post-47936-0-83168100-1406587983.jpg

post-47936-0-37963800-1406587984.jpg

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

It's not you your wallpaper by any chance is it? It sure looks like it.

EDIT: Also check your processes to see if it isn't one of the applications that is making it appear. You could try by killing some of the applications that are on in the task manager and see if any of them will make it disappear.

I really really looks like your wallpaper 

"You do not call the endless aggregation of not dying 'life'.Its mearly an experience"

I really really looks like your wallpaper 

It's not you your wallpaper by any chance is it? It sure looks like it.

EDIT: Also check your processes to see if it isn't one of the applications that is making it appear. You could try by killing some of the applications that are on in the task manager and see if any of them will make it disappear.

It is definitely not my wallpaper. Here is a picture of it while I'm on Twitter:

post-47936-0-39254700-1406590080.jpg

It is definitely not my wallpaper. Here is a picture of it while I'm on Twitter:

attachicon.giftwitter.jpg

Have you tried restarting your computer? Sometimes windows glitches and leaves stuff like that for me. Restarting usually helps.

Maybe something to do with your graphics driver?

"You do not call the endless aggregation of not dying 'life'.Its mearly an experience"

Have you tried restarting your computer? Sometimes windows glitches and leaves stuff like that for me. Restarting usually helps.

It's there every time I boot up.

Maybe something to do with your graphics driver?

Should I try plugging my monitor into my iGPU, or should I just reinstall the graphics driver?

It's there every time I boot up.

Should I try plugging my monitor into my iGPU, or should I just reinstall the graphics driver?

right click on ur start menu and press on lock the taskbar, then pull the start menu and increase its hieght and then check if start menu can cover it or not, if it can cover it then its not ur screen and its some software problem.

try it and replay back here.

Try reinstalling your drivers first, that MIGHT solve your issue, if that doesn't work try your iGPU

right click on ur start menu and press on lock the taskbar, then pull the start menu and increase its hieght and then check if start menu can cover it or not, if it can cover it then its not ur screen and its some software problem.

try it and replay back here.

So I just tried that, and when I was moving the taskbar, it white bar was covered, but the second I released it at a higher position, the white bar moved to be right above the top of the taskbar. After moving the taskbar back down, the white bar stayed at the higher position. 

Maybe it's a program running in the background?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Maybe it's a program running in the background?

It must be, because I just clicked on it, and when I did, a right click-type menu came up with 2 options: move and close. I tried clicking close, but it didn't do anything, so I just moved it to where I mostly can't see it. 

So I just tried that, and when I was moving the taskbar, it white bar was covered, but the second I released it at a higher position, the white bar moved to be right above the top of the taskbar. After moving the taskbar back down, the white bar stayed at the higher position. 

its most likely a program runing in backgroun, because taskbar force everything runing to move up, and when u move it down the programs dont come back down automatically.

anyway just to make sure here is what to do next, open start menu and right " msconfig " and open that, in the general tab select Diagnostic startup, then restart the computer and it should run only basic stuff, now if that white bar is gone that mean its 100% a program opened in the background, now go back to msconfig and select normal startup "so u go back to normal" then restart again.

tell me if it disapear and i will tell u whats next.

You should first go through processes and try to guess which one it may be.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!