hard drive problem

edd

since my computer was running really slow and shitty i just re installed windows. i had previously cloned my boot drive onto an external HDD with the intention of moving back the stuff i needed once i had a fresh boot drive. i just started moving stuff back on but i cant access my desktop folder on the cloned drive. it says i dont have permission, i click continue and then it starts loading but never finishes.i cloned the bootdrive with macrium reflect and the cloned drive came out 10gb below the original all the other files work fine it seems to be just the user files that are the issue.

i have about 200gb of photos on my desktop which i would rather not lose.

so yeah please help

thanks 

since my computer was running really slow and shitty i just re installed windows. i had previously cloned my boot drive onto an external HDD with the intention of moving back the stuff i needed once i had a fresh boot drive. i just started moving stuff back on but i cant access my desktop folder on the cloned drive. it says i dont have permission, i click continue and then it starts loading but never finishes.i cloned the bootdrive with macrium reflect and the cloned drive came out 10gb below the original all the other files work fine it seems to be just the user files that are the issue.

i have about 200gb of photos on my desktop which i would rather not lose.

so yeah please help

thanks 

It usually takes a bit longer to load large folders like that when you open them for the first time. I imagine if you have 200 GB of photos it could take quite a long time. I'd just wait it out and see if it eventually loads it.

actually don't worry, i tried about 10 times over two days to get it working and it didnt, but it just randomly started working.

thanks anyway :D