windows 7 reinstall

JORDANonPC

I am running a none legit copy of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and have been for over a year now and over this time i have had some issues which have made me decide it will be better to just buy a legitimate copy of windows 7 home premium 64 bit and was wondering if there is anyway to install the new copy of windows without losing any of my data since im not completely sure what option of reinstall this would come under as its technically a downgrade.

EDIT: one of the main issues i have had is that some programs dont recognise the operating system and some how pressume it is linux, this happens in firefox which can cause issues with finding the right download for other programs, I also cannot watch netflix as i get the error of not having the right spefications to watch the shows, so for the mean time before i buy the legit operating system is there anyway to fix this as i would like to be able to watch netflix on my desktop as soon as possible

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Well it doesn't seem like it will be worth trying to fix the problem you have now. So I guess your options would be to install Linux (I don't believe it has native support for Netflix, so you'd have to go through Wine I guess, which may not work) or to install Windows again and just use it in trial mode without activating it, and just activating it once you get your key (probably the best option).

Just keep hold of the legit copy/key and stick with your Jack Sparrow'd copy. If you need to format & re-install you can use your legit key.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...