i5 4690K vs i7 4770

Alright, thanks! Just for further clarity, it still wouldn't beat an i7 even if the clock speeds are way higher than the locked 4770?

Why not just get a 4790k it's like $15 more than the 4770 and you can get it like to 1.5 Ghz more.

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

watchdogs is much smooter on i7 vs i5 as well and it's only a matter of time IMHO before more games will be much more multi-threaded and the hyper-threading may become much more of an advantage than it is today and even in regards to gaming.

"May" :P 

Well if you'd look at these benchmarks, Hyperthreading makes a world of difference as you could notice from the pentium vs i3.

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/radek/2014/pentium_g3258/charts/csgo_1920n.png

Before we've seen the 3930K showing its true performance which we still haven't seen yet, we've got Haswell 4770K's clocking at whatever clock nearly matching a 3930K at stock in cinebench or even passing it. The more threads games are utilizing, the worse the performance to core scaling gets. The difference between i5 & i7's in WD isn't big but compare that difference between the pentium at stock vs i3 just a massive 50% difference. Looking at the modern games, you'd be most likely gpu bound with a 4670k so don't really see the point of more cpu performance - you rather take an unlocked i5 over a locked i7 in case you ever meet a cpu bound game that doesnt need more than 2/4 cores. If you're comparing an overclocked i5 vs a locked i7, it just all depends on how much the i5 can overclock and how much performance HT adds.