2.1 / 2.0 Suggestions?

BCreation

Looking for a great 2.1 or 2.0 speaker system for my PC. I will be using Eyefinity if that changes anything. The soundcard I'm using is a xonar STX. Price isn't an issue

Price isn't an issue huh? QSC K8's and a KSub. Hell JBL VP 10's and the VP 18" sub. However, me thinks that 3kw will be a bit much power for you - let alone knowing how to set it up.

The question you have to ask yourself is how serious do you want to get; studio monitors + a studio sub for $800-$2500? A pair of half assed logitech speakers that sound like someone yelling in a traffic cone?

What is your realistic budget?

Looking for a great 2.1 or 2.0 speaker system for my PC. I will be using Eyefinity if that changes anything. The soundcard I'm using is a xonar STX. Price isn't an issue

When you say price isn't an issue I don't think you are aware how expensive 2.1 speakers can get buddy. :P

Windspeed already talks on this, however if you looking for the "average good price to performance" speakers, Corsair make a great 2.1 speaker set.

When you say price isn't an issue I don't think you are aware how expensive 2.1 speakers can get buddy. :P

Windspeed already talks on this, however if you looking for the "average good price to performance" speakers, Corsair make a great 2.1 speaker set.

I was tempted to send him looking into L Acoustics.... why not $30k for a 2.1 setup...

I was tempted to send him looking into L Acoustics.... why not $30k for a 2.1 setup...

Hahah, you should have!

Why dont you check out the audioengine a5+. I recently saw a couple of reviews and then to my surprise my friend bought them. They sound really nice on their own but if you find urself needing extra low end bass you can always add a sub to them

How much money do you have? that really tell us what you can buy.

I was trying to stay away from the Corsair speakers. If I'm going for studio monitors I don't think a sub is necessary Something from KRK might be a good choice. I'm not entirely sure. Instead of wondering about my price budget, how about answering the question. Something that can sit well on a desk, or if not a separate stand.

I'm trying to go balls to the walls. The best of the best.

i would still go for the Corsair SP2500 if you dont need the sub then just turn it down

You're going to regret saying that. If you want a more musical sound then my preference is to get a couple of PA speakers, or in my case 4 of them plus a sub. QSC K8's and RCF 408A's are both powered 8" PA speakers that sound pretty damn good. You'd also need a small format mixer like a Soundcraft Notepad or EPM6, Behringer Xenyx 502 or 802 and then the appropriate cabling. That'll set you back between $1500-$2200.

If you want something with a more refined sound along the lines of studio monitors, JBL LSR6300 series are a better bet. They have a pricetag per pair from anywhere between $2000-$3500.

If you want to be serious, KRK Rokkit's.

You're going to regret saying that. If you want a more musical sound then my preference is to get a couple of PA speakers, or in my case 4 of them plus a sub. QSC K8's and RCF 408A's are both powered 8" PA speakers that sound pretty damn good. You'd also need a small format mixer like a Soundcraft Notepad or EPM6, Behringer Xenyx 502 or 802 and then the appropriate cabling. That'll set you back between $1500-$2200.

If you want something with a more refined sound along the lines of studio monitors, JBL LSR6300 series are a better bet. They have a pricetag per pair from anywhere between $2000-$3500.

Nope! Not regretting it! I really wanna run 4 way SLI but that means I won't be able to run a sound card. Any external sound card solution?

Asus Xonar Essence One - has LR XLR out too

I really like my system. I ended up spending around 2 grand with all the good cables, DAC, amplifier, and speakers...

wireworld starlight 1m usb a to mini b cable

musical fidelity vdac II (...it sounds brilliant..takes all of that audio converting outside of the computer)..I think that internal sound cards do a horrible job, so much electrical noise inside a computer...

wireworld oasis 6 audio interconnects

shunyata venom 3 power cable for amp

rega brio-r amplifier

Kimber bi wire w/ banana plugs terminations on either end

-woofer wire is 8vs

-tweeter wire is 4vs

wharfdale diamond 10.1 bookshelf speakers in rosewood

The speakers, amp, and dac all come highly rated. I would buy stands and put the speakers on either side of your desk.

The place to improve upon this setup would be to grab a nicer dac and speakers.

You could grab the Rega DAC to compliment the looks of the Rega Brio-r

You could grab some quad 12L2 or some other bookshelf speakers in the $1000 range.

Those modifications would jump the price to around $3500

Main CPU: i7-3770k 1.2v 4.4ghz | MOBO: Asus M5E | RAM: Corsair Dom Plat. 2133mhz 8gb | GPU: Asus gtx 680 direct cu II Top | DRIVES: Samsung 840 Pro, Segate Baracuda, Western Digital Caviar Black | POWER SUPPLY: Corsair AX860 | CASE: CM HAF 932 a | CPU COOLER: H100 w/ push pull sp120's | KEYS: Ducky Shine II (black switches, purple backlit) | MOUSE: mionix naos 8200 ||||| Backup CPU: i5-4670k 1.2v 4.4ghz | MOBO: Asus M6H | RAM: Corsair Dom Plat. 1866mhz 8gb | GPU: Asus gtx 560 direct cu II OC | DRIVES: Samsung 840 Pro , Segate Baracuda | POWER SUPPLY: Corsair HX1050 | CASE: Corsair Carbide 300r window | CPU COOLER: Corsair H80 w/ push pull sp120's | KEYS: Microsoft sidewinder x4 | MOUSE: : Logitech g400 

I was trying to stay away from the Corsair speakers. If I'm going for studio monitors I don't think a sub is necessary Something from KRK might be a good choice. I'm not entirely sure. Instead of wondering about my price budget, how about answering the question. Something that can sit well on a desk, or if not a separate stand.
Corsair sp2500's are pretty good, i use them :-) and im really happy with them, my neighbors however that's a different story.

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

unlimited budget?

be still my beating heart

get some wilson watt puppies up in here...

Main CPU: i7-3770k 1.2v 4.4ghz | MOBO: Asus M5E | RAM: Corsair Dom Plat. 2133mhz 8gb | GPU: Asus gtx 680 direct cu II Top | DRIVES: Samsung 840 Pro, Segate Baracuda, Western Digital Caviar Black | POWER SUPPLY: Corsair AX860 | CASE: CM HAF 932 a | CPU COOLER: H100 w/ push pull sp120's | KEYS: Ducky Shine II (black switches, purple backlit) | MOUSE: mionix naos 8200 ||||| Backup CPU: i5-4670k 1.2v 4.4ghz | MOBO: Asus M6H | RAM: Corsair Dom Plat. 1866mhz 8gb | GPU: Asus gtx 560 direct cu II OC | DRIVES: Samsung 840 Pro , Segate Baracuda | POWER SUPPLY: Corsair HX1050 | CASE: Corsair Carbide 300r window | CPU COOLER: Corsair H80 w/ push pull sp120's | KEYS: Microsoft sidewinder x4 | MOUSE: : Logitech g400