Laptop CPU overheating

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by gramzon,

Hello,

I bought an HP Probook 455 G1 with an AMD A8-4500M APU about a month ago and it has had CPU temperature problems since I bought it. With 0-1% CPU usage, the CPU temp is about 96 degrees Celsius and goes above 100 when the CPU usage is about 30%.

I have only added RAM module. No other modifications.

If that is new it is definitely not normal. Something is wrong with the cooler get it replaced under warranty immediately. If it's old try to take the heat sink off and re apple thermal paste and attach heat sink again. If you are not comfortable with this take it to a computer store to do it for you.

Hello,

I bought an HP Probook 455 G1 with an AMD A8-4500M APU about a month ago and it has had CPU temperature problems since I bought it. With 0-1% CPU usage, the CPU temp is about 96 degrees Celsius and goes above 100 when the CPU usage is about 30%.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Try contacting HP Customer support and let HP Replace the laptop.

Thats their problem, but if you don't want to do that get a Laptop cooler

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Hello,

If that is new it is definitely not normal. Something is wrong with the cooler get it replaced under warranty immediately. If it's old try to take the heat sink off and re apple thermal paste and attach heat sink again. If you are not comfortable with this take it to a computer store to do it for you.

I'll take it to a repair shop when I can. I think RMAing it would take a long time, as I'm in Eastern Europe.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.