Upgrading from a H60

Hey all! 

I was looking for some input to upgrade from my older v1 of the Corsair H60 all in one liquid cooler. Currently it is cooling a FX-8120 and is doing dandy. 

However down the line im either going to upgrade my mobo and get a 9590 or end up going intel and grabbing the new 4790k. 

I just want a good all in one solution preferably and have plenty of room in my case for up to a 240mm rad.

I open to any suggestions, im thinking overall a H110 or waiting a little bit and picking up the new Kraken linus reviewed with the LED lights. I have an orange and blue build so orange lights are pretty hard to come by.

Don't get the 9590, it's not worth it. Get the superior 4790K, it's worth it.

Edited by BonBon Scott

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Seidon 240m should be very tempting at $60

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Don't get the 9590, it's not worth it. Get the superior 4970K, it's worth it.

4790k?

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

4790k?

I always get that wrong, and his post said 4970K, so that confused me even more.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Ope, I did mess up on that. My apologies.

I would say the H100i. I had one for my 4770k and it kept the temps in the 32c-50c on full load. It will be such an upgrade to your H60. I had a H60 and it was ok but nothing compared to the H100i for sure. 

Hey all! 

I was looking for some input to upgrade from my older v1 of the Corsair H60 all in one liquid cooler. Currently it is cooling a FX-8120 and is doing dandy. 

However down the line im either going to upgrade my mobo and get a 9590 or end up going intel and grabbing the new 4790k. 

I just want a good all in one solution preferably and have plenty of room in my case for up to a 240mm rad.

I open to any suggestions, im thinking overall a H110 or waiting a little bit and picking up the new Kraken linus reviewed with the LED lights. I have an orange and blue build so orange lights are pretty hard to come by.

Be wary that the 110 is a 280mm and the Krakens are 140/280mm.  Make sure your case supports the size.

Hey all! 

H110 is 280mm, so that won't work unless your case has 2 x 140mm fan mounts. 240mm, Seidon 240M. Just as good as the H100i, cheaper at the moment.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Thanks for the imput guys! I checked my case and I have a Corsair 230T. So It does have the proper mounting slots.

Thanks for the imput guys! I checked my case and I have a Corsair 230T. So It does have the proper mounting slots.

Cooler Master Seidon 240M for $60

You can get it down to $51 if you use the code MASTERPASS23 and pay using Masterpass.  I just purchased the 240M a week ago, and it is absolutely AMAZING.  For such a low price, there shouldn't be any other coolers that you even consider.  Get it now before the deal expires.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."