Lights flickering fairly often

thebennyboy

Now, this may seem like an odd post but please bare with me.  :D

A few months ago the electric board did a large scale replacement of all the overhead electrical cabling and wooden supports in my village which mean't we had no power for up to 12 hours. Now, that itself wasn't a problem as we were given 2 months notice that it was going to happen.

The issue appeared almost straight after the electricity was turned back on again. Every 2 - 5 minutes the lights will flicker and it seems like a loose connection but i'm not sure as it happens all the time. Not sure if it's anything serious but was wondering if it's worth raising it with our electrical supplier? Anyone with electrical experience able to give a educated guess as to what might be causing the flickering? We have an electrical reader that gives us the total usage for the house in real-time and that does pick up a very small "blip" in the power supply but isn't enough for anything to switch things off. Any ideas? Dodgy breakers? Loose connection?

Thanks.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Call the company about it definitely, sounds like a grid issue if nothing on your own loop has been changed.

Now, this may seem like an odd post but please bare with me.  :D

A few months ago the electric board did a large scale replacement of all the overhead electrical cabling and wooden supports in my village which mean't we had no power for up to 12 hours. Now, that itself wasn't a problem as we were given 2 months notice that it was going to happen.

The issue appeared almost straight after the electricity was turned back on again. Every 2 - 5 minutes the lights will flicker and it seems like a loose connection but i'm not sure as it happens all the time. Not sure if it's anything serious but was wondering if it's worth raising it with our electrical supplier? Anyone with electrical experience able to give a educated guess as to what might be causing the flickering? We have an electrical reader that gives us the total usage for the house in real-time and that does pick up a very small "blip" in the power supply but isn't enough for anything to switch things off. Any ideas? Dodgy breakers? Loose connection?

Thanks.

your cabling could well possibly be carrying more amps, so your bulbs or whatever could be flickering because of the increased amperage. call the electric board so they can either explain why this is happening (like you said this is an educated guess) or provide you with higher rated bulbs.