random lagging far cry 3

BenD
Go to solution Solved by BenD,

dropped by my store today, they said i should test my cards sepperated and see if the problem was there. Once of my cards is really slower and the other one didn't had the lagging at al, so if somebody ever has same problem, check your cards. i can simply return my card and recieve a new one.

I've recently upgraded my desktop,
and while i'm playing far cry (single mode)
it just freezes once for a while (2-3 seconds) and then i can play again fine
have all the settings on max

my setup is:

I7 3930k @ 3.5Ghz
asus rampage 4 formula
gtx 680 sli
all my software is on ssd.

first thought my processor got to hot, so upgraded to cooler master 412s
(trying to avoid liquid cooling , overblew my budget on all the rest (a) )
but the temps are now just fine, and my gtx's don't get hotter then 70°C

any ideas?  i don't think i should put the settings down with my set up...

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

Are you running the latest GPU drivers and is the game patched to the newest version? If not, update it/them.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

It is only Far Cry?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

drivers are up to date,
have seen the problem with nfs shift as well, however , with gta4 i have no problems at all wich i think is also a graphicly demanding game

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate

dropped by my store today, they said i should test my cards sepperated and see if the problem was there. Once of my cards is really slower and the other one didn't had the lagging at al, so if somebody ever has same problem, check your cards. i can simply return my card and recieve a new one.