How stupid is this idea? (dying my Noctua cpu fan)

I don't get why noctua doesn't make different colored fans. Everybody pretty much agrees that they have they best performing fans in the market, but most enthusiasts won't buy them because of the color and casual builders wouldn't spend that much on fans so they are missing a big chunk of potential costumers

easy, open a case up and notice the fan color, if it is black, you don't know what fan manufacturer it is.

look again and it is beige, you know exactly who makes that fan; Noctua. brand recognition.

Noctua has been around since 2005. you might think they'd already heard about their color scheme

and increased customer usage. have they changed?

i'm an enthusiast and i use them both colored and natural. and they seem to be selling to the public

and private sectors just fine. so they are in control of their own and seemed to be doing well. the distros

keep ordering them and selling them, dunna know what to tell ya, other than you are not the only person

now or later that thinks they are missing something. but it doesn't seem to matter to Noctua, they still make

'em their way.. and guarantee them 6-years! no one else goes 6-years..

airdeano

easy, open a case up and notice the fan color, if it is black, you don't know what fan manufacturer it is.

look again and it is beige, you know exactly who makes that fan; Noctua. brand recognition.

Noctua has been around since 2005. you might think they'd already heard about their color scheme

and increased customer usage. have they changed?

i'm an enthusiast and i use them both colored and natural. and they seem to be selling to the public

and private sectors just fine. so they are in control of their own and seemed to be doing well. the distros

keep ordering them and selling them, dunna know what to tell ya, other than you are not the only person

now or later that thinks they are missing something. but it doesn't seem to matter to Noctua, they still make

'em their way.. and guarantee them 6-years! no one else goes 6-years..

airdeano

I get what you mean but still. I see it as if Ferrari let's say only made neon yellow cars

• 2 months later...

not a bad idea...as noctuas look HIDEOUS.

also pics or it didnt happen

EDIT: make sure you don't spray the paint too much or it will accumulate on the edge of the blade. I made that mistake when painting some corsair fans white for my 600T

Double EDIT: pls change your DP -_-

Dyeing. Not painting.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB