How to do Multi-monitors

jonyman23

So I am trying to figure out Display ports and multi monitors but I keep getting confused, I have a GTX 770 gigabyte windforce which has 1 x HDMI, 1 x display port, 1 x DVI-I and 1 x DVI-D, HOw would I work that off 2 monitors. I hear linus talkiing about display port and such but it is really confusing, how would I set up 2 monitors and which is the best to use for any monitor, right now I use a DVI and I plug it into the DVI-D, how do I make it display port?

If they are just 1080p, use any one. But if it's higher res, try using display port, especially 4k and 1600p or 1440p

Diamond 5 in League :)

If they are just 1080p, use any one. But if it's higher res, try using display port, especially 4k and 1600p or 1440p

1 is a 1440p and one is 1080p, I don't plan on multi monitor gaming since it wouldnt work, and by use display port, do you mean getting a display port to DVI adapter? like how would that work

1 is a 1440p and one is 1080p, I don't plan on multi monitor gaming since it wouldnt work

Yeh, you'd need 3 for that anyway.

Plug the 1440p into displayport just to be safe, and plug the 1080p into any.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Yeh, you'd need 3 for that anyway.

Plug the 1440p into displayport just to be safe, and plug the 1080p into any.

so by that you mean plug a display to DVI adapter in? the display port end into the GPU and the DVI into the monitor?

so by that you mean plug a display to DVI adapter in? the display port end into the GPU and the DVI into the monitor?

Does your monitor have a DisplayPort connection on the physical monitor itself? There is rarely a difference between DP and DVI.

Use the dvi connection with the 1080p monitor DVI TO DVI. Then connect the 1440p monitor to displayport   DISPLAYPORT TO DISPLAYPORT. This is what shadow is trying to say.

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

You can only run 1 monitor with a DisplayPort connection with that card.  DisplayPort adapters do not work both ways, you cannot use an adapter to plug your graphics card's DVI or HDMI ports into a monitor's DisplayPort.  You can only use adapters from your graphics card's DisplayPort to output to a DVI/HDMI monitor.

Use a straight DisplayPort cable for the 1440p monitor, and straight DVI cables for the 1080p monitors.  No adapters or X to Y cables needed.

Use the dvi connection with the 1080p monitor DVI TO DVI. Then connect the 1440p monitor to displayport   DISPLAYPORT TO DISPLAYPORT. This is what shadow is trying to say.

thanks