My login screen keeps cycling between "welcome" and the password interface making it impossible to login

This is what happens sometimes when I lock my pc the login screen flicks back and forth from "welcome" to the interface in which the password is entered. It does this at such a rapid pace it is impossible to enter my password and login. This only happens one in 10 times in which I lock my computer but I am becoming increasingly worried about the damage it is causing my Hard drive. Because the only way to remedy the situation at the moment is to force a restart. Is there anyone who knows what to do about this problem?

By the way, go easy Grammar Nazis I'm dyslexic;'#';[p#'; (I'm pretty sure a full stop should go there somewhere :D)
My Deviant Art: http://neutronicsoup.deviantart.com/
Linus quote of the day "Slick you're fired"

have you tried using your computer with the password removed?

I'll give it a try but the whole reason I lock my computer is to make it password protected. But i Will see if it is the password causing the problem. Thanks for the suggestion. : )

By the way, go easy Grammar Nazis I'm dyslexic;'#';[p#'; (I'm pretty sure a full stop should go there somewhere :D)

I've had something similar to this before, for some reason my keyboard decided that pressing enter was a good idea when I didn't actually press anything.

I've had something similar to this before, for some reason my keyboard decided that pressing enter was a good idea when I didn't actually press anything.

I can see where you're coming from, but I did think of this. but I'm pretty sure my keyboard is not pressing enter without me knowing because my post would probablys look a bit more like

this.  :)

I can see where you're coming from, but I did think of this. but I'm pretty sure my keyboard is not pressing enter without me knowing because my post would probablys look a bit more like

this.  :)

True but my Blackwidow kept doing it randomly now and again on Windows, it also happened if I accidentally pressed another key like midway locking windows. Mysterious things happened on that keyboard ever since I spilt drink into it.

True but my Blackwidow kept doing it randomly now and again on Windows, it also happened if I accidentally pressed another key like midway locking windows. Mysterious things happened on that keyboard ever since I spilt drink into it.

o, I actually have a razer Blackwidow. so tell you what I'll try unplugging it when my pc does it again. 

Never spilled anything on my keyboard though, but it is second-hand.  :D

My guess would be that something is causing a continuous stream of "Enter"s. It's most likely the keyboard itself, but it could also be a problem with the keyboard/USB port or software. The keyboard buffer could be being filled with a string of "enters" either as the result of a software glitch or the keyboard itself.

Try unplugging the keyboard (before the problem happens) or try a different keyboard. Note that, if you unplug the keyboard during the problem, the problem may continue until the keyboard buffer is empty.

(The keyboard "buffer" is an area of memory where keystrokes are stored until the system gets around to reading them.)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

My guess would be that something is causing a continuous stream of "Enter"s. It's most likely the keyboard itself, but it could also be a problem with the keyboard/USB port or software. The keyboard buffer could be being filled with a string of "enters" either as the result of a software glitch or the keyboard itself.

Try unplugging the keyboard (before the problem happens) or try a different keyboard. Note that, if you unplug the keyboard during the problem, the problem may continue until the keyboard buffer is empty.

(The keyboard "buffer" is an area of memory where keystrokes are stored until the system gets around to reading them.)

Well I don't know when the problem is actually going to happen and it would be a bit of a performance unplugging my keyboard each time I locked my computer. But when the problem occurs it doesn't stop even if I leave it for half an hour. So is it possible if I unplug my keyboard when it happens it will eventually stop if the keyboard is the problem?

Yes

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD