Possible Guide

SlayerOfHellWyrm

Just quickly, I noticed there's no guide on here for beginners, to teach them BBCode. I understand there's buttons that will do the BBCode for you for almost everything, however some things possible with BBCode can only be done this way. Case in point, the following:

You cannot recreate this exact quote from the future with the "quote" button. You can with BBCode however.

Note a few things:

• I haven't said this anywhere for it to be quoted
  • The time stamp is from August 12th, 2043
    • random fact, that'll be my 50th birthday

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Sure, but I also don't see the point. Can't even get people to read and adhere to a giant banner at the top of General Discussion.

If you can then do it.

Nobody would mind.Don't know how useful it actually is,but it will be fun for some things.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Sure, but I also don't see the point. Can't even get people to read and adhere to a giant banner at the top of General Discussion.

I've just fount some things you can only do with BBCode, and that's it for the most part. Aside from that, it's kinda cool to see the code behind the formatting you're doing in a post, and BBCode is used in most forums, so chances are, something that works here, might work on another forum, which may or may not have an option aside from using BBCode, or, they give you buttons for very basic formatting like bold and italics, but not for spoilers, images, or horizontal lines, things used to make posts easier to read.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section