PC part picking (first time builder)

I currently have an Asus G74SX Notebook and wants to upgrade to a new gaming pc, but this time around I wanted to build it myself.

This is what i had in mind:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45

RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury Red 2x4GB

(MAin) Storage: Kingston SSDNOW V300 120GB

Video Card: MSI Geforce GTX 780

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

so I need an optical drive, a HDD 1TB, Power supply (black box with red wireing if possible), a Display and maybe a CPU-cooler, if stock is not good enough. any recomendations? or anything i should switch out? 

I currently have an Asus G74SX Notebook and wants to upgrade to a new gaming pc, but this time around I wanted to build it myself.

This is what i had in mind:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45

RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury Red 2x4GB

(MAin) Storage: Kingston SSDNOW V300 120GB

Video Card: MSI Geforce GTX 780

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

so I need an optical drive, a HDD 1TB, Power supply (black box with red wireing if possible), a Display and maybe a CPU-cooler, if stock is not good enough. any recomendations? or anything i should switch out? 

location,budget?

What is your budget for the whole thing?

What resolution will you be gaming at? 1080p? 1440p?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

You should really take a look at this before posting in this subforum: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

For the optical drive just buy and external one, both internal and external optical drives are quite inexpensive now. id go with a corsair 850W PSU. You can get the cables redone. For the HDD i would suggest a WD Blue or Black. 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

location,budget?

Judging by what it says under his profile pic i think he is in portugal. 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Judging by what it says under his profile pic i think he is in portugal. 

it doesnt says

Im living in Norway and my budget is around 13000 NOK ($2000) It will be used mostly for gaming at 1080p, but also for som photoshop. I play games like LOL, BF4, Skyrim,  and wants to play soon to come games like witcher 3 and farcry 4. I want one new 24" monitor 1080p and im also going to use my tv as a second monitor. I have keyboard, mouse and headsett

i also want to have the oppertunity to upgrade to gtx 780 sli in the future, aswell as 16 GB RAM and maybe watercooling. 

you may want to consider buying a z77 motherboard and getting a 3770k, they perform almost the same and you would save a bit of money. my 3770k runs at 4.8ghz under load at 50C

you may want to consider buying a z77 motherboard and getting a 3770k, they perform almost the same and you would save a bit of money. my 3770k runs at 4.8ghz under load at 50C

well, in my country the 4770k and the 3770k is the same price + the Z87-G45 has SLI support and are red and black, which is the theme colours i want.

Still i might consider it.

For the optical drive just buy and external one, both internal and external optical drives are quite inexpensive now. id go with a corsair 850W PSU. You can get the cables redone. For the HDD i would suggest a WD Blue or Black. 

do i need as much as 850W PSU? 

More than likely no, but it allows for expansion in the future.

im running a 3770k at 4.8ghz  6ssd's 1 mechanical drive a gtx780 overclocked to 1300mhz and a pump for my watercooling. and i could throw another 780gtx in there and it would be fine. you dont need 850PSU for that build. but if you wanna upgrade in the future you might wanna get it.