PC will not boot

Go to solution Solved by BroKenFingers,

RMA .Glad you got an answer. The fault is not with you at all..modular PSU do not allow any plug to go where it is not wanted... :)

Hi All

I recently transferred my PC into a new case and it does not seam to boot, the only thing I upgraded during this transfer was the PSU which is now a 1050W XFX PSU (I did plan on getting a second Graphics card at some point)

Its hard to explain exactly whats going on so heres a video showing what the PC is doing, its just running and sending nothing to the screen, the diagnostic screen just looping around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XhyLT0lUHA

Its been a very long and stressful day, could someone help out before the whole thing goes in the bin?

Could you give pictures with better lighting?

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Could you give pictures with better lighting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGq7RMKki60

About the best I can get, its all wired up correctly, just wont boot, not sure if the diagnostic screen unveils any clues, I did accedently hand the motherboard to a friend as I left my CPU cooler attatched to it and needed spare hands and he was kind enough to put it on the carpet, I fear something could be dead in my PC :/

CPU power 4/8 is connected right?  silly question

CPU power 4/8 is connected right?  silly question

Yeah although I'm not sure if its right, my PSU came with two CPU plugs, one which had 8 pins on the end and goes into the PSU and then one that looks like it has 12pins yet in reality 4 of them are blanks. Naturally I used the first.

Check the manual to see which one is for CPU power, got me confused  :o lol

With great difficulty I just pulled another computer up and plugged just the motherboard and CPU connectors into the "broken" computer, it got to AO then AE which I assume means it would have booted if everything else was there like the HDD, using the new XFX PSU even with just the motherboard and CPU connector it diden't work, its a brand new PSU I hope its not DOA, any ideas what I might be doing wrong, it diden't come with a manual.

look up in your manual on the post code(s) displayed..this will narrow down your trouble..stopped at code 72 (may be normal pause)and rebooted at code 96..a power cycle issue like this may indicate a faulty PSU, or a DIMM not seated, a cable not seated..what is your MB make and model.?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

look up in your manual on the post code(s) displayed..this will narrow down your trouble..stopped at code 72 (may be normal pause)and rebooted at code 96..a power cycle issue like this may indicate a faulty PSU, or a DIMM not seated, a cable not seated..what is your MB make and model.?

I think it may be the PSU, I have just tried my old OCZ PSU and that works absoloutely no problem whereas the new XFX one was just causing problems even with all cables seated correctly, Ive never used a fully modular PSU before, did I do something wrong or is the PSU in need of an RMA?

RMA .Glad you got an answer. The fault is not with you at all..modular PSU do not allow any plug to go where it is not wanted... :)

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..