cloning software

zombiesays2suck

Hello, I'm wanting to format my drives. But the problem is I have some programs that instead of reinstalling and having to live with the haste I could just move them on to a USB drive and use it to put the programs back on. So is there any tips I could have or any free software?

The only problem with that is (I'm assuming you're formatting to reinstall your OS here) when you reinstall the OS, the programs could break, as they are installed specific to how your OS is at that time. I don't know how well cloning would do, but you can try it if you wish. What I suggest doing as a backup plan, however, is the list down all the programs you want/need, and download the installer files ahead of time to an external drive or flash drive, so when you reinstall, all you need to do is plug in the drive and install away. This would include drivers too, as that would be handy too, to install the latest drivers, not the ones included with the hardware. I hope this helps out dude.

I think I will just save the installer file. And the reason I wanted to save them is because they're pirated and it would just take to much time to re do it.