Help bleeding a loop?

So I i have a watercooling loop that only cools the cpu. I'm having a little trouble bleeding it however. The reservoir is the XSPC Proton 170 and the pump is directly attached to the reservoir and is the XSPC D5 Vario. The problem with bleeding it lies in how it is setup though. The inlet to the reservoir is on the top and thats the only fill port in the top. The only way to fill it is by flipping the case upside down and putting water in that way. Now my question is, is how do I bleed the air if I can't fill the reservoir from the top? Thanks.

i7 3930k @ 4.4Ghz | AMD 7970 @ 1150/1823 | Asus P9X79 Pro | 16GB G.Skill 2133mhz | 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0 & 250GB Samsung Evo SSD | Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra with Side Window | XSPC RX360 Watercooling Kit w/ UV Blue Tubing | Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard w/ Corsair M65 Mouse

detach the return tube, fill res full from the top plug, attach return line, turn on till just before the res empties, repeat until the return line starts filling the reservoir

detach the return tube, fill res full from the top plug, attach return line, turn on till just before the res empties, repeat until the return line starts filling the reservoir

Well the return tube already fills it, there is just large air bubbles traveling through the loop but i will try this. Water won't rush out the return tube if i unplug it? Thank you

i7 3930k @ 4.4Ghz | AMD 7970 @ 1150/1823 | Asus P9X79 Pro | 16GB G.Skill 2133mhz | 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0 & 250GB Samsung Evo SSD | Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra with Side Window | XSPC RX360 Watercooling Kit w/ UV Blue Tubing | Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard w/ Corsair M65 Mouse

Can you post pics?

I will later whenever i can, thank you!

Well the return tube already fills it, there is just large air bubbles traveling through the loop but i will try this. Water won't rush out the return tube if i unplug it? Thank you

If there's just large bubbles, you have to let it run until they come out, just keep an eye on the res so it doesn't get too low as the bubbles work themselves out.

So I i have a watercooling loop that only cools the cpu. I'm having a little trouble bleeding it however. The reservoir is the XSPC Proton 170 and the pump is directly attached to the reservoir and is the XSPC D5 Vario. The problem with bleeding it lies in how it is setup though. The inlet to the reservoir is on the top and thats the only fill port in the top. The only way to fill it is by flipping the case upside down and putting water in that way. Now my question is, is how do I bleed the air if I can't fill the reservoir from the top? Thanks.

If you have the Vario, try turning the pump speeds up and down.  That helps get rid of the big bubbles, along with slight tilting of the whole case.

Thank you everyone for the input but i figured it out…LOL…i had both the tubes going in the "out" ports of the pump…oops >.<