Planning to put a window in my NZXT Phantom case. Any hints?

Hi All

I finished the base assembly of my new rig a few months ago, and now I'm looking into modding it a bit and/or perhaps installing water cooling, when I move back home (To my country of origin that is) in a few months.

Among other things I would like to put a window in the case by replacing the grill, that covers the 200mm mounting spot, but here is the problem:

It's an NZXT Phantom Special Edition, which is no longer on sale (afaik), so I can't just buy a windowed panel. I also can't get a new case (probably), if I screw it up.

It looks like it's based on the Phantom 810, but I'm not quite sure: (Sorry about the phone camera.)

Outside view of the whole case:

20130520_220400.jpg

Inside view of the side panel:

20130520_214416.jpg

Outside view of the side panel:

20130520_214542.jpg

I have never modded a case before, so does anyone have any good ideas on how to best approach this?

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz | Memory: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz 16GB (2x8) | GPU: Msi GTX 680 Twin Frozr  | HDD: 2 x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB 2.5" | MB: Asus Sabertooth Z77, Socket-1155 | PSU: XFX ProSeries Black Edition 1050W PSU | CASE: NZXT Phantom Special Edition Pink

I think it would be pretty simple. 

You could buy a windowed side panel and just use the acrylic from it. Then I would remove the mesh and cut out the metal with a dremel to shape of the acrylic window.

Also you could maybe call/contact NZXT whether it be on forums, Reddit, e-mail. They're a pretty awesome company so they might just be able to help you out.

1. love the colour.

2. i do believe you can get a windowed panel anyway however i can not find one in pink so i would buy one and repaint 

side panel ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/NZXT-Phantom-Housing-External-Internal/dp/B006FW0LQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369080757&sr=8-1&keywords=phantom+side+window )

Adding on to this. NZXT might be able to provide the specific color if you contact them. If not you might be able to match the color.

If NZXT is not able to help or you just wanna do the window mod yourself, then this video is a good tutorial

on how its done: 

CPU: Intel i7 2600K @3.5 GHz  | Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z67x-UD3-B3 Ram: Kingston HyperX 16 GB | Video Card: Nvidia GTX 580 Storage: Kingston Hyperx 120 GB SSD + 2x2 TB HDDPower Supply: Silverstone 750W Monitor: Apple Cinema 21" | Keyboard: Corsair K90  | Mouse: Steelseries XAI Headset : Steelseries 9H 

Thanks a lot everyone. Now I got some info to work with :D

I think I'll try my luck with another panel first and contacting NZXT. Hopefully I won't have to cut anything (that would mean spending money on a dremel :P  ).

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz | Memory: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz 16GB (2x8) | GPU: Msi GTX 680 Twin Frozr  | HDD: 2 x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB 2.5" | MB: Asus Sabertooth Z77, Socket-1155 | PSU: XFX ProSeries Black Edition 1050W PSU | CASE: NZXT Phantom Special Edition Pink