Pc won't turn off when i first press the switch on case/motherboard

Ryukyra

Hey guys! I've got yet another problem to figure out ._.

My pc boots fine and is quite speedy, no issues with that but for a week or two now I've been experiencing a weird issue about turning it on.
It just won't if I press both the internal or the case switch, sometimes i need to wait for it to be ''ready'' or sometimes i need to switch off the psu, I have no clue about what's going on.

Since I've unplugged the power switch header and used the internal switch located on the mobo I can say for sure that the switch on the case isn't broken, because I have the same problem by using the internal switch.

This occurs when I turn off the pc at night and then get back next day after school, i always need to wait for it or maybe turn off the power or invent some stupid way to figure out what the hell is going on...
I'm kind of worried now since it ALWAYS happens and I thought about asking you guys because I have no clue whatsoever...

If you have any kind of suggestions I'll listen, thank you for your time =D

There are signals, such as "power good" and "system reset" which rely on certain timings to operate successfully. If the computer tends to start after a few attempts, it's probably because some component needs to warm up a bit before responding correctly.

The first thing to check is the power supply, particularly if it's a cheap generic unit. That's best done by direct replacement - if you can borrow a PSU.

Next, you can try disconnecting various components, such as the hard drive, optical drive, RAM etc to see if it then starts right away. This can take a while because you need to let it thoroughly cool down between tests.

Also, it might help to reset the BIOS (clear CMOS).

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Please define "ready"

1.hit the power switch MB or case and..no fans spin..no lights on..only works if you cycle the PSU switch..or unplug/plug in the PWR cord..?

2. OR hit the power switch MB or case and fans spin..lights on..wait a long time for the OS log in screen..?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Well I obviously didn't read thoroughly...

Are you connected through an extension cord or some sort of UPS?

There are signals, such as "power good" and "system reset" which rely on certain timings to operate successfully. If the computer tends to start after a few attempts, it's probably because some component needs to warm up a bit before responding correctly.

The first thing to check is the power supply, particularly if it's a cheap generic unit. That's best done by direct replacement - if you can borrow a PSU.

Next, you can try disconnecting various components, such as the hard drive, optical drive, RAM etc to see if it then starts right away. This can take a while because you need to let it thoroughly cool down between tests.

Also, it might help to reset the BIOS (clear CMOS).

I have a corsair AX850 gold power supply, don't really have any other to swap it out with.

Please define "ready"

1.hit the power switch MB or case and..no fans spin..no lights on..only works if you cycle the PSU switch..or unplug/plug in the PWR cord..?

2. OR hit the power switch MB or case and fans spin..lights on..wait a long time for the OS log in screen..?

When i hit the power button on the case the pc won't turn on at all, nothing goes on, but then again if I try several times it may actually star after a few seconds i pressed it.

Same thing with the internal switch on the mobo (Asus p8z68 pro/gen3).

Even if I turn off the PSU and then switch it on again it doesn't seem to do anything effective, it just seems random all the times.

Thanks for the answers guys!

This is sounds like a PSU fault...but look also at your wall power..do not use a extension cord..plug into the mains with the PSU cord only..check that the prongs are not bent or loose on the plug and on the PSU side (The psu plugs can require some force to fully seat )...This is just to try to eliminate any other cause than a faulty PSU..recheck your 24 pin and 4 pin/8 pin power connectors, also the power to your video card. Next reduce the power draw on the system..cpu/gpu/one hdd only..check that see if it makes a difference..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

how many hard drives do you have in your system.

if you have 2. try and unplug the non  os drive. then try and turn system on and see if it starts right away

I have a corsair AX850 gold power supply, don't really have any other to swap it out with.

When i hit the power button on the case the pc won't turn on at all, nothing goes on, but then again if I try several times it may actually star after a few seconds i pressed it.

Even if I turn off the PSU and then switch it on again it doesn't seem to do anything effective, it just seems random all the times.

how many hard drives do you have in your system.

if you have 2. try and unplug the non  os drive. then try and turn system on and see if it starts right away